Position – Associate Engineer – Reliability
Company – Shell
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
- Reliability Culture: Act as a coordinator of reliability for the assets, influencing at all levels to increase focus on understanding and eliminating root causes of unreliability. Understand and build knowledge of the asset Reliability Management Framework.
- Reliability-Centered Maintenance: Work as an RCM facilitator/ practitioner. Extract maintenance data from CMMS, analyze asset hierarchy, co-ordination with SMEs and other stakeholders, identify failure modes and consequences, cost vs. risk analysis, and identify proper recommendations. Using online RCM tools and recommendation management portals.
- Risk and Reliability Management: Learn the Manage Equipment Care (MEC) process. Maintain schedule for maintenance strategy reviews and conduct the review based on Risk and Reliability Management principles with tools such as PM Optimization (PMO), REM strategy reviews, RCM, and PM Library where applicable. Coordinate in implementing condition-based maintenance (CBM) approach and condition monitoring (CM) strategies where appropriate.
- Reliability and Availability Improvement: Utilize reliability engineering tools (RAM, FMEA, reliability modeling, Weibull analysis, etc.) to identify and understand threats to reliability and availability. Apply RCA techniques to understanding and eliminating those threats with guidance from Senior reliability engineers. Prior knowledge and hands-on usage of some tools is desired.
- Management of Change: Understand and help to track the progress of any changes (PM routines, procedural/process changes, etc.) through the MOC process as required to improve reliability performance. Understanding of the MOC process is desired.
- Root Cause Analysis: Participate in Root Cause Analysis or Causal Learning Investigations as necessary to support reliability improvement or at the direction of asset leadership/senior reliability engineers. Develop strong skills in RCA methodologies, particularly 5-Why and Causal Learning. Data Analysis and automation: Act as the custodian of reliability and maintenance data, using existing systems to monitor and report KPIs, as well as identify bad actors and threats to reliability using reliability engineering tools. Basic use of data automation tools.
- Spare/Material Management: Participate in periodic reviews on critical spares, min/max inventory levels, Material Master coding and support on list of materials creation and upload into CMMS. Also help to develop an understanding of linking the material management with Maintenance to identify the source of requirements and bring down the overall maintenance cost by optimizing inventory/material cost.
Perform reliability engineer role and other technical functions, with scope covering technical data and documents of the operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain, and distribution locations.
This role is expected to help rotating equipment engineers in implementing the standard maintenance strategy for preventive/corrective maintenance of various equipment uniformly in various operating units across the globe.
- Develop solid comprehension and construction abilities in line with the reliability engineer’s industry standards.
- Assist with and plan different initiatives for assessing gaps and enhancing asset reliability with the senior reliability engineers.
- working with committed assets to comprehend the specifications and assisting them in locating gaps under the direction of senior reliability engineers.
- It is highly desirable to have a steep learning curve to acquire abilities for different dependability tools.
- Engage in continuous communication with site maintenance leaders, vendors, and original equipment manufacturers. Senior reliability engineers and site maintenance staff should also be consulted while conducting reliability studies.
- Interact and communicate with the site focal for reliability studies and maintenance strategies, understanding the intricacies of how the actual maintenance activities for heavy-duty rotating equipment and other machinery have been planned and performed in various Units of Shell.
- Understanding the functions of the various equipment and instruments and thorough knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs).
- Managing stakeholders/ representatives of various operating units through effective communication and identifying & resolving the bottlenecks for data analysis, maintaining issue logs, and using the same in implementing changes/improvements in the processes.
- Multidiscipline meetings for RCM analysis, analyzing failure causes, completing RCM study, and generating report.
- Having the self-assurance to operate in a virtual environment and managing stakeholder involvement at all levels, including senior management for daily operations. includes an effort to find and assist in fixing technical and commercial problems inside of the purviews of duty.
- Sound business/process workflow knowledge and the maturity to cope with and act in difficult or problematic situations.
- Strong skill with Office Communicator, Instant Messaging, Video Conferencing, Outlook, and other software, as well as with spoken and written English.
- shift labor that coincides with the manufacturing, chemical, supply chain, and distribution locations’ normal business hours.
- competent to deal with individuals of varied cultures and working styles, and resilient under duress.
- willing to go to other operational units/sites throughout the world as needed.
- A self-starter leader and reliable deliverer, with very good verbal and written skills in English, able to negotiate with people, and able to resist undue influence that might otherwise compromise the integrity of data quality. Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organizational levels, across diverse time zones.
Data analysis techniques/Tools that can include:
- RCM tools (wIMS/ Meridium/ RCM III).
- RBI / SIS.
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Weibull Tree Analysis
- Six Sigma (6σ) Methodology
- Root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA)
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Analysis tools like Spotfire/ Power Bi.
Works with Production to perform analysis of assets including:
- Use of Resources
- In general, equipment sufficiency
- living a life of service
- several parameters that define working conditions, reliability, and resource costs
- offers specialist assistance to the creation, maintenance, and employees.
- Apply esteem analysis to repair/replace, repair/update, and make/purchase decisions.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Full-time undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering.
- At least 2+ years of substantial working experience in the oil & gas and petrochemical industries, with at least some of the following regions:
- Planned, maintained, and researched expertise, and information on turning machines, such as gas turbines, steam turbines, outward siphons, responsive blowers, screw blowers, positive relocation siphons, forced/restricted draft fans, cooler fans, and blowers.
- Experience with reliability studies including Preventive Maintenance Streamlining, Smash, RCA, FRACAS, Causal Learning, and Life Cycle Examination.
- knowledge about RCM research. Information about the phases of the RCM, the resource criticality analysis, the Hazard network, and the suggestion board.
- knowledge and expertise in checking the operation and health of machinery.
- Experience with specialized information and executive reports, including cycles and devices. For example, knowledge of SAP PM and MM module execution, proficiency with MS Office devices like as Succeed and Access, and so on.
- Experience leading groups/processes/projects is really appealing.
- Viable relationship abilities and board partnership are required to have everything taken care of.
- The information about the Lean CI strategy is enticing.
- Prepared to execute various duties, focus on and ensure the conveyance of demands as promised, operate without tight supervision, and work via others to communicate outcomes.
- Virtual working environments are quite appealing.
- Proficient Designing certification, like as CMRP or CRE, is an added benefit.
- Working knowledge of information examination and mechanization apparatuses such as Spotfire/Power Bi/Python will be advantageous.