Position – Associate Engineer – PTM
Company – Shell
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Understand the machinery constructions and maintenance methods such as proactive/preventive/corrective maintenance being followed in operating units and assist them in making changes and improving the readiness of maintenance with sufficient time before maintenance activities begin.
- Create monitoring plans for equipment based on criticality and deploy these plans in exception-based surveillance tools
- Frontline RE monitoring support grooming rotating machinery 1st Principal monitoring for value
- Carry out surveillance for various upstream, downstream, and integrated gas facilities of Shell using exception-based tools.
- Support Shell assets in improving reliability through monitoring of facilities and equipment and prevent unscheduled deferments
- Enable the assigned Shell’s Upstream/IG/DS Operating units, and it’s on-site employees in producing high-value information and data for high-quality asset maintenance/condition monitoring/performance improvements.
- Assist onsite condition monitoring / rotating equipment engineers in understanding the data models and help them to improve the availability of the equipment.
- Analyze technical data, drawings (P&IDs. PEFS, PFD, SLD, etc.) documents, and processes for Upstream businesses across the globe by working with engineering, maintenance, operations, and project teams & partners.
- Developing remote monitoring models for rotating equipment and enabling the data accessible to rotating engineers within the shell.
- Support projects, maintenance & improvements activities performed at the upstream, downstream & integrated gas operating units.
This role is expected to Support a Proactive Technical Monitoring Process to support Shell’s Upstream, Downstream, and Integrated Gas in improving the reliability of their rotating equipment by preventing unscheduled deferment through monitoring
Skills & Requirements
University Degree in Mechanical engineering and required a minimum of 2 yrs. of industrial/field experience in operations and maintenance/engineering/ technical jobs in Oil & Gas/ Petrochemicals with experience in: –
- Design, maintenance, troubleshooting experience and Knowledge of rotating machines such as centrifugal compressors, gas turbines, steam turbines, centrifugal pumps, reciprocating compressors, screw compressors, positive displacement pumps, Induced/Forced draught fans, cooler fans, and blowers.
- Understanding machine drawings, PEFS, seal gas P&ID, Lube oil P&ID, seal oil P&ID, seal gas P&ID, instrument drawings, vibration & temperature P&ID, alarm/trip matrix, performance curves, and datasheet of rotating equipment.
- Experience and knowledge in rotating machines performance and health monitoring.
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Program
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- A good understanding of the Upstream/DS/IG business and how it works.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge, and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
- Ability to drive Continuous Improvement initiatives.