Position – Associate Engineer – Maintenance
Company – Shell
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
- shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and new ways of working, including e.g., digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programs like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- Sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Primary responsibility in preparing work plan/packs for daily, weekly, and monthly routine planning in SAP PM Module for Rotary, Static equipment
- Responsible for preparing/developing routine work plan with comprehensive work packs from overhaul reports, maintenance reports, general task list, equipment-specific task lists, spare part list, equipment drawings, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, operation and maintenance manuals of OEMs, Asset best practices, technical implementation letter (TIL), etc., for rotary equipment like pumps, compressors, turbines, etc., and static equipment like columns, safety valves, valves PRV’s/PSV’s, pressure vessels, heat exchangers etc. as per Shell Standards
- Prepare Initial response, carry out assessment, ensure correct prioritization of work, troubleshoot & propose technical solutions virtually, coordinate discussion with stakeholders, conduct Risk Assessment, ensure good QA/QC, record keeping, & final job closure to enable high equipment reliability & plant technical availability.
- Planning Routine work orders in /SAP PM and building library work packs that include detailed descriptions of the tasks that need to be performed for time & condition-based maintenance, breakdown maintenance, ordering parts required, service or tools required, estimating time required, Estimating cost of work order, network mapping and quality checkpoints for minimum assurance tasks.
- Review scope and work orders on completeness and schedule do ability, returns order to gatekeeper (OMC) if not complete,
- Identifies safety precautions necessary to safely perform tasks, Initiates Management of Change (MOC) process if required, and Orders materials and services in GSAP. Process invoices in Track, UWL including financial close-out
- Participate and comply with all safety programs. Assist with the continuous improvement and implementation of standardized work processes for effective maintenance planning. Stay current with mandatory training.
- Scope of work including NSI (MX01) Safeties, Static Equipment (Heat exchangers, vessels, etc.), NRVs (Non-Return Valves), NSIc (pipeline inspections by NDT)
- Planning of Non-Shutdown inspection scopes for diverse mechanical equipment such as relief valve testing & calibration, Non return valves inspection, heat exchanger inspections etc. Able to understand RBI principles, Corrosion management framework etc.
- Ensure 100% compliance with inspection schedules for all equipment with special care given to safety and production critical equipment
- Develop work plan for preparing equipment to various NDTs as per Shell guidelines
- Focus on good record keeping and history updating of all inspections and proactive maintenance activities
- The routine Planner should determine (in consultation with maintenance/operations) what is required in terms of resources, tools, etc.) and build the work pack /routine plan accordingly
- The Routine plans/ workpacks are multi-disciplinary (E/I, Mechanical, scaffolding, etc.); The planner will have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge; for detailed knowledge, he/she should work together with colleagues from operations and maintenance.
- Job hazard assessment, setting out risks anticipated required while performing tasks and creating Permits to work.
- Planning of end-to-end work orders to enable efficient scheduling and ensure compliance of executable work orders.
- First-level diagnosis of damage history, determining the failure mode based on anomaly reports and information given in corrective maintenance work requests/notifications.
- Improving productivity by ensuring the resources, special tools, materials, and service requirements are available before the job begins.
- Customize the equipment make and model specific work packs into site-specific workpacks by adding site conditions and parameters.
- Constantly engage with site maintenance leads, original equipment manufacturers, and vendors and modify the workpacks as recommended/required by the site maintenance personnel.
- Anticipate & plan for mandatory spares, tools and tackles and manpower required for the heavy-duty equipment based on the information extracted from maintenance manuals, collate any additional information about equipment & its spares, if required from the vendors and accommodate the information in the workpack.
- Understanding the functions of the various equipment and instruments and thorough knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs).
- Shall be able to demonstrate the capabilities of supporting remote assets with their routine maintenance planning. Develop work planning through SAP with clear understanding of all required information and documentation to execute a job in the field.
- Sound knowledge of work prioritization, production critical threats, safety systems management, and statutory compliances.
- The candidate should have worked in the capacity of and now be able to work closely with Engineering, Supply Chain, and Scheduling to develop a plan for executing the work on the field. This also involves coordination knowledge with Electrical, Instrumentation, and Service Support Teams and basic ideas about their work planning mechanism
- Understand the concept of work clustering for complex multi-discipline scopes using scheduling tools like Primavera to be able to optimize the timeline for a shutdown or campaign.
Skills & Requirements
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2-5 years of overall working experience in Field operations and maintenance in the Oil & Gas / Refinery/Petrochemicals Industry/equivalent industry.
- Should have Field Maintenance, Planning experience of rotating equipment like airfins, compressors centrifugal pumps, etc., maintenance of static equipment like columns, safety valves, valves, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, etc.
- Experience in preparing the maintenance work instructions, task lists, work packs for scaffoldings, Insulation packages, work, and manpower/HOTT estimation for major maintenance/ overhauling of the rotary/static equipment.
- Skills at the professional level in GSAP, w-IMS, AIM, and MS Office. Ability to be familiar fast with different IT tools
- Strong attitude for Learner Mindset, Eager to make things better without supervision, Works effectively in a Team environment, and builds consensus.
- Communication proficiency in English is a must, and Comprehension of speaking in the English language is a must.
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/ Programmes
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge, and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
- Continuous Improvement and Knowledge of Lean CI methodology is an added value.