Position – Application Design Engineer
Company – Schneider Electric
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
Application Design Engineer–006QDE
Bring, develop & communicate a strong knowledge of the target application and to be seen as an expert in this field by Schneider Electric customers & internally.
Co-engineer, develop, and implement the best solutions for target customers, incorporating the full Schneider offer(s), within the selected application to deliver revenue growth & customer satisfaction.
Identify the focus & needs for offer development within the target application, and work with the relevant department to validate & create both repetitive (bundles / standard functions) and specific customer offers.
Convert application knowledge & experience into added value for the business through writing application guides, bulletins, white papers, best practices, and through the training of customers and internal Schneider Electric staff.
Carry out & share a comprehensive technical analysis of the relevant customer type & application to identify the opportunities and areas of focus for the business.
Provide the tools and technical support to enable =S= employees & channel partners to speak the customers’ language and present the whole =S= offer to OEM customers in the relevant application.
Develop strong links and working relationships with the OEM team in C&M to participate in and influence the OEM market approach.
This position is responsible for application engineering and Business Development of Cooling product line.
Cooling in this case refers to Precision Cooling market for Datacenters, both Room cooling and what is known as In-row, Close coupled cooling, chillers as well as Raised floor air distribution solutions.
This position is responsible for growing and sustaining the cooling Business as individual product but also as integrated solutions. Primary measurements will be revenue, market share and gross margin.
This position is responsible for designing high quality HVAC solutions to meet the customer’s application requirement of data center or C&I project and ensure successful win. The person is also responsible to ensure that the solution offered for a given project ensures the successful project implementation, compliance to standards and highest customer satisfaction.
The person must demonstrate excellence in mechanical system engineering for critical application projects such as data center. Person should show leadership and ability to conduct effective communication at senior levels with key customers and partners, and maintain a high profile with the business and project community to establish Schneider Electric’s credentials as a reputable business partner.
This position works with the following key internal parties:
- Sales Opportunity Leader
- Cooling Line of Business & sustenance team who define and develop offers
- Central Business Development Organization
- Global Field Services
- Data Center Regional Application Center
- Zonal / Regional Execution Center
- Commercial Operations
- Supply Chain Management
- Other Activity Business Development Managers
|% of Time||Description of Essential Functions|
|60%||Application engineering & Business Development|
* Identifications of new market segments, partners, or business opportunity
* Understanding of the competitive landscape and develop regional and local strategies to beat the competition
* Understanding of customers needs by working with customers, specifiers, and partners
* Liaising with customer’s project teams, consultants, and internal teams to understand the project requirement/scope/needs
* Convert the project scope into the solution to successfully meet the customer needs as well as create a competitive advantage through the right design and selection
* Ensure the solution compliance to the local standards, regulation, codes, and safety requirements
* Create all required documentation in terms of capacity calculations, design calculations, block schematics, solution presentation, solution value proposition, compliance table, etc
* Solution design should ensure successful project implementation and customer satisfaction
* Identify top specifiers working in large data center projects, critical cooling for Data Center, IT Room, and C&I application and work with them to enable SE cooling products and support for suitable cooling architecture and suitable product positioning.
* Run web-communication seminars for cooling product lines to address customers, channel partners, specifiers, and project management companies in the zone.
* Work with DC RAC to support for cooling products to provide technical support and seek support for detailed engineering. Assess HVAC Contractors and work with DC RAC for qualification and support during the tendering process.
* Work with Bid team and support for competitive offer roll out to the front sales team.
* Working with IT and ET Channel Managers to align business with targeted channel partners and develop competency for configuration, prescription and sales of cooling product offers.
* Working with Large Cooling Contractors and System Integrators for mid and large cooling opportunities to position suitable cooling products and increase winning probability.
* Support Channel Partners with providing cooling offer solutions, product selection, site requirements, technical support during presales and execution.
* Support channel managers for channel partner on-boarding.
|10%||Product & Program Management|
* Working with Line of Business and Product ManagersParticipate in and provide inputs for product development to meet the country needs
* Provides necessary training and guidance to channel team as well as partnersManages and provides necessary sales tools to partners
Working with zone sales operations, presales team for timely submission of prescription, business development, and channel enablement activities progress report
EDUCATION – MINIMUN REQUIRED LEVEL:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Mechanical Engineering)
EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED:
- At least 02 to 04 years experience in the HVAC and mechanical engineering industry, of which 02 to 04 years in HVAC systems for critical applications such as data centers
- At least 02 years in data center experience will be an advantage
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS 1 – REQUIRED:
- In-depth understanding of HVAC and mechanical system design
- In-depth understanding of mechanical system components such as Chillers, CRACs, CRAHs, Heat Rejection Systems, Pipping, Pumps, Valves, etc
- Understanding of engineering system documentation
- Understanding on best practices and standards in HVAC and mechanical systems design, installation, and operation requirement
- Must be comfortable in developing relationships with senior IT managers, Facility Managers, Consultants, Channel Partners, and management of major corporations and accounts
- Strong communicator – both written and verbal in a technical and non-technical environment
- A leader in customer advocacy – a professional approach to internal and external clients
- Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate effective time management skills
- Excellent business ethics and integrity
- Demonstrates flexibility in operational style to meet the requirements or multi-culture position
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS 2 – DESIRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- Preference to come out of a Data Centre implementation or data center facilities management or mechanical engineering consulting industry with a background of HVAC Products Presales, Prescription, Positioning and System Design.
SCOPE & SIZE:
- Responsible for the Specific Activities (Cooling) Application & Business Development, Channel Enablement for IT Segment, and C&I Segment in critical cooling space.
EDUCATION – MINIMUM REQUIRED LEVEL:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Engineering or Science an advantage)
The ability to work with and influence people at all levels with customers and within Schneider Electric to obtain buy-in, support, and feedback is critical to the role.
It is essential the job holder is able to create and convey technical messages effectively to a technical & non-technical audience, internally across the business and externally with customers both verbally and in writing.
The jobholder needs to be able to program software, create presentations & documents and manipulate data independently.
The conception, design, and realization of customer focussed automation & control architectures and systems are critical.
Managing tasks, projects, and small teams to deliver activity on time and on a budget to generate profitable growth is a key skill.
Working as part of and leading cross-department, division, and international teams to deliver to jointly agreed objectives is fundamental to the role.
With regular contact and meetings with customers & colleagues internationally, English language skills are essential and will benefit the jobholder enormously.