Position – Mechanical Design Engineer – Power Transformer
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi ABB Power Grids offers a complete range of power and distribution transformers designed to grant the reliability, durability, and efficiency required in utility, industrial, and commercial applications. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a major transformer manufacturer throughout the world and offers both liquid-filled and dry-type transformers as well as services for complete life-cycle support, including replacement parts and components. Our portfolio allows utilities and industrials to maximize the return on transformer assets by ensuring high reliability, reducing life cycle costs, and ensuring optimized performance while lowering environmental impact. You will be part of a Global Engineering Center team specialized in Power Transformers mechanical design at Vadodara and your task is to contribute to the global design work with a positive team atmosphere and networking.
- Preparation of General Arrangement, Bill of materials, and submission to the customer as per project schedule.
- Responsible for development of Power Transformer mechanical order and tender designs in coordination with the Market and Sales Strategy to meet the market needs.
- Responsible for development of various application transformers designs in coordination with global Hitachi ABB factory based on the purchase order requirements, ordering specification in different areas of transformer Mechanical design.
- Coordinating design activities within a worldwide factories network.
- Participation in internal design concept reviews.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Graduate in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years to Maximum 7 years experience working in Mechanical design for the Distribution or Power Transformers manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of CAD software, 3D Modeling software – Creo is considered an advantage.
- Experience in Microsoft office and tools.
- Good communication skills in the English Language in oral and written form.
- Ability to speak with and work together with technical teams in different parts of the world.
- Demonstrated team-building skills, would be a preference.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry, and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage, and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint, and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental, and economic values, and is committed to powering well for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader.
Our leading power and digital technologies, advanced automation systems, and open digital platforms transform our customers’ businesses and deliver significant operational and business value.
Only through the effective digitalization of all elements of the energy value chain can this be delivered. At Hitachi ABB Power Grids we use leading open digital platforms to bring our grids into the age of the sustainable energy future.
We are contributing pioneering solutions that are making the world’s power grids stronger, smarter, and greener. The result is grids that are more reliable, intelligent, and focused on a sustainable energy future for all. Through Hitachi ABB Power Grids’ advanced portfolio of sustainable, digital energy solutions, we will create even more value for customers spanning the energy (utilities) and industry sectors, to mobility, IT, and Life (Cities) sectors.