Position – Piping Designer – Resource Center India
Company – SBM Offshore
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
SBM Offshore believes the oceans will provide the world with safe, sustainable, and affordable energy for generations to come. We share our experience to make it happen. Take part in a world-class, diverse, and talented team committed to responsible business conduct and see where the future takes you. #ENERGYCOMMITTED
- Proficient in executing work using intelligent 3D CAD systems like PDMS, E3D & MDS. Experienced in using AutoCAD.
- Work with Lead, engineers to develop concepts/Conceptual studies, Equipment Layouts/ Safety & Escape Route layout for piping designs that effectively meet project requirements.
- Modeling of Equipment & Pipe routings in accordance with P&IDs, equipment datasheets, and stress requirements using PDMS.
- Extraction/Preparation of Equipment layout drawings, Piping GAD’s, Pipe Support GAD’S, Safety layouts, Special Pipe Supports.
- Modeling of Pipe support in MDS in line with industry standards, and client specifications.
- Extraction and annotation of Isometrics and support drawings from the 3D PDMS Model.
- Review of Vendor drawings and implement in the design.
- Perform Clash checks, Data Consistency checks prior to issuance of AFC deliverables.
- Co-ordinate with Inter-disciplines in a timely manner to avoid rework for finalizing the Piping design.
- Prepare MTO’s-Piping Bulk, Insulation & Pipe Support.
- Plan and deliver assigned tasks accurately within the agreed time frame.
- Prioritize activities and effectively manage conflicting deadlines ensuring continued progress to meet the schedule. Proactively provide Lead Designer with status updates.
- Good knowledge of international codes & standards.
Education: Bachelor of Technology/Diploma – Mechanical
- 5- 10 years relevant experience in the offshore Oil & Gas industry with specific experience on piping design for Offshore Oil and Gas facilities – Wellhead platforms, Fixed Process Platforms, FPSO topsides modules & Turret Mooring System.
About the Company
- SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. from the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). SBM Offshore provides floating production solutions to the offshore energy industry, over the full product lifecycle. The Company is market leading in leased floating production systems delivered to date, with multiple units currently in operation, and has unrivaled operational experience in this field. The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation, and life extension of floating production solutions for the offshore energy industry. As of December 31, 2018, Group companies employ approximately 4,350 people worldwide, including circa 650 contractors, which are spread over offices in key markets, operational shore bases, and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group Companies employ a further 400 people, working for the joint ventures with two construction yards. For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.