Position – Mechanical Designer – Cables – STET
Company – Philips
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
You are a part of
A high-impact, global organization within Philips that works across all modalities – The Supplier Transfer Excellence Team (STET). STET has been established as an entrepreneurial organization that focuses on fast-paced, high-quality portfolio transfers within the Philips global supply base to mitigate risk & maximize profitability.
In this role, youhave the opportunity to
Manage high impact, complex transfer projects that enables Philips to reduce risk, improve profitability, align with Philips’ strategic supply base, and optimize supply chain flexibility. The primary function within this role is to execute engineering activities through the course of fast-paced, high-quality transfer projects.
You will be responsible for driving meaningful and innovative product development, generating ideas/concepts in feature development to improve quality and reduce cost, as well as performing the role of a technical lead in taking the product development through manufacturing release while transferring products between suppliers.
You are responsible for
- Responsible for DFM and DFA activities & optimization of design for cost reduction.
- Create DFMEA and identify relevant product risks.
- Apply GD&T and perform Tolerance stack-up analysis for components/Sub-system.
- Developing manufacturing specifications by using CAD tools like Solid works & Creo for modeling, assembly, detailing including drawing conversions & generating BoM.
- Perform hand calculations to support the design and sound knowledge of the Strength of the Material.
- Responsible for First Article Inspections and wherever required perform measurements.
- Work with supplier, procurement engineer to complete the Prototype and qualifications.
- Knowledge in Test fixtures design & development based on component/sub-system functionality.
- Understand Requirements to design & perform unit level verifications to conform with requirements.
- Responsible for unit-level testing and integration of units in accordance with the higher-level Requirement and Design specifications/architectures.
- Reliability and Serviceability of the system/subsystem/component.
- Responsible for creating/updating DMR/DHF in the respective tools.
- Perform FEA (if required)
- Life Cycle Manager for Philips Medical Installed Base of Product(s)/Product line(s).
- Manage the obsolescence and product issues
- Effectively resolve customer complaints or production issues
- Manage the internal and external stakeholders effectively
- Manage the multi-disciplinary cross-functional team (R&D, Operations, Supply Chain, Service, Marketing, Procurement, Quality, Regulatory,) to realize results
- Prepare, plan, track, and coordinate cross-functional teams located across geographies and manage project deliverables.
- Accountable for the overall delivery of the project in line with the QMS and PRP process as per the agreed multi-site Quality Agreement.
- Coaching and Supporting junior team members
- Ensuring business continuity and revenues.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- M.Tech /B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the design & development of mechanical sub-systems & systems.
- Working Knowledge of structural design, CAD (Creating 3D models and manufacturing drawings), experience in FEA analysis is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Plastics, Sheet Metal, Machining, Welding & Surface treatments/coatings (Metals), and other manufacturing processes.
- Good at hand calculation of the design
- Create DFMEA and identify relevant product risks
- Identifying the suitable material, Creating EBOM, DFM/DFA
- Experience in the latest engineering design and methods, tools, and processes
- Create functional requirement documentation
- Working Knowledge of IEC 60601 standards is preferred
- Disciplined team worker, ability to work independently
- System thinking mindset and domain expertise in the related area
- Ability to present ideas and to convince project team members
- Be structured and self-organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, leadership skills and drive for results
- The quality mindset in design and documentation
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Self-motivated & able to coach, support, and direct the Engineers in a subgroup.
In return, we offer you
- A rewarding career in Philips with an attractive package. `
- An extensive set of tools to drive your careers, such as a personal development budget, free training, and coaching
- Attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)