Position – Engineer – Fleet Management
Company – GE Gas Power
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Job Description Summary
The Engineer, Product Services will support/lead technical issue resolution for customers with high impact to the Gas Power business with primary focus on accessories for GE Heavy Duty Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines & Balance of Plant. In this role, the individual will be responsible for execution of assignments to the expected level of customer satisfaction.
- Support of installed base including activities such as customer issue resolution, fleet issues, and outage management.
- As part of customer issue resolution, the candidate should be able to do Root Cause Analysis for forced outages and work closely with global project/ commissioning/ maintenance teams to understand & meet customer requirements on time.
- Provide technical resolution on customer issues while meeting critical business metrics on quality, timeliness & productivity.
- Provide startup & commissioning support, with the right support across engineering, with occasional travel to customer sites as needed.
- Develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework.
- Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures.
- Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team.
- The position will also offer ample opportunities to directly interface with customers and commercial entities.
- Bachelor’s in engineering
- A minimum of 3 years of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or controls related experience.
- Expertise in accessories system in terms of design, architectures, and failures modes
- Hands-on experience in of Power Plant
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, uncertainty with a willingness to be challenged
- Experience and willingness to travel to customer sites to support commissioning or issue resolutions, when such need arises.
- Experience in accessories components e.g. Motors, Pumps, Filters, Heat Exchangers, Structural components, Enclosures, Piping’s, Valves, etc.
- Prior experience in a customer support/facing role.
- Self-starter with initiative and interpersonal skills to direct projects and work, of cross-functional nature, with demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to work well with teams and communicate requests and requirements clearly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team-building skills.Ability to develop relationships across the organization to build loyalty and commitment.Can energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people
- Ability to deal with change, across the organization, and with clients, using data and positive relationship building with the help of advanced technology.
- The candidate should have system-level knowledge of GE HDGTs STs and an understanding of accessories components.
- The individual is responsible for upholding GE’s product integrity by proactively identifying emerging fleet issues and communicating GE technical solutions to customers by authoring fleet communications.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes