Position – Tooling Method Engineer
Company – General Electric
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
Job Description Summary
Tooling method engineer will take responsibility for a project to organize the synopsis task. It means he will be in charge to collect the information from the site, COE, SI, in order to imagine the tools to do the erection and maintenance operation according to the relevant procedure.
- Within the Hydromechanical and tooling Center of Excellence team in Vadodara, the tooling method engineer will be in charge of :
- Collecting the information from site / SI/logistics / COE to prepare the synopsis
- Imagining the erection and maintenance operation according to the procedure (done by the site team) with the objective to use as much as possible standard tools and according to the EHS rules.
- Imagining with the help of COE tooling the concept design of specific tools
- Identifying the need for access to our machine
- Identifying the need for specific packing and specifying it
- Preparing the lashing drawing and the lashing calculation note
- Preparing the lifting drawing
- Pushing the synopsis BOM in the GE product life management system
- Following the synopsis associated budget and On-Time Delivery
- Participating when required in the design review of the tool or of the piece itself, in order to make implemented the tooling requirement.
- Being the entry point for the site team for any request of support
- Coordinating the synopsis task with sub-contractor or technician
- Identifying market standard tools
Qualifications / Requirements
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Successful initial experience in the design of lifting equipment and access platform or significant experience on site
- Knowledge of Hydro products is a plus.
- Result oriented, drive efficiency in execution; shall be able to deliver the outcome on time & as per schedule requirement of projects.
- Shall be open-minded, multicultural & shall be able to work efficiently with a cross-regional team of respective CEOs. Language: Excellent verbal and written English language skills for international communication.
- Good knowledge of CAO software like AutoCAD, Solidworks…
- Ability to work in a team around labor standards;
- Manage activity in the multicultural and multilocation environment;
- Ability to define his/her priorities, pro-activeness, sense of urgency;
- Rigorous analysis and action;
- Analytical mindset with a problem-solving attitude;
- Continuous improvement mindset;
- Team-player: positive & engaged contributor to the team, willingness to learn & adapt to business needs; be resilient
- Possible displacements abroad in order to follow support site team on a specific topic, or to help to prepare synopsis (see the environment constraints…)
Relocation Assistance Provided: No