Position – Design Engineer
Company – Sandvik
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
We are hiring
Job Title: Design Engineer
At Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology India Private Limited (Part of Sandvik Group), we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. So now we challenge you: Think one step further, and then take it!
As Trade compliance Design Engineer you are responsible for Ensuring Compliance of Components and Equipment with Global HS and Export control Regulations. This job involves providing engineering support to various Divisions within Sandvik Mining / Rock Processing in Item Management, Trade Compliance, Product Level compliance verifications and Order based Engineering activities.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Involved in Trade compliance evaluation for mining / rock processing equipment.
- Develop tools / procedures to make Compliance evaluations efficient.
- Process evolution and continuous improvement.
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design.
- Analysis of component data and Export/Import Trade classification (HS/ECCN) as per WCO process.
- Ensure classification for multiple country HS /ECCN codes as per Global process.
- Ensure Quality and Delivery of Compliance data as per Global Processes/Standards.
- Collaborate with product, engineering and aftermarket departments to understand their needs and propose possible solutions.
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision-makers.
You have a university degree in Mechanical engineering/master’s in mechanical engineering (or equivalent) and between 3-5 years of experience in Mechanical/Hydraulic Engineering Design and Development. You have the needed relevant experience as per the following
- Describes Mechanical/Hydraulic systems in specific application areas.
- Performs analysis of Mechanical/Hydraulic systems.
- Should have a good understanding of International standards (ISO)/ IEC / ANSI which describe component/ equipment parameters
- Technical selection specifications of Mechanical/Hydraulic components.
- Should have knowledge of ISO drafting standards for drawings.
- Should understand Reading and Creating manufacturing drawings.
- Should have basic knowledge of Mechanical/Hydraulic/ Electrical interfaces with systems.
- Exposure to, UG/NX Teamcenter integrated environment, Auto Cad tool is an added advantage.
- Good understanding on working principles for various Mechanical/Hydraulic components like Bearings, Transmission, Axle, Engine, Cooler, Pumps, Switches etc.
- Should be flexible to work in shifts.
- Good ability to work within the team
You fit into a dynamic and fast-moving team within a business that has been around. You value the opportunity to work with both in-house R&D as well as with customers all around the world. You possess the ability to comprehend complex technical concepts quickly and focus on priorities. Experience in Heavy Mining equipment design space with exposure in heavy machinery industry is regarded as a merit. The ability to speak and write in English, as well as the willingness to travel, are prerequisites in this job.
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion. We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development.
Work Location : Bangalore