Position – Design Engineer – Mechanical
Company – Sandvik
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
We are hiring
Job Title: Design Engineer – Mechanical
At Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology India Private Limited (Part of Sandvik Group), we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. So now we challenge you: Think one step further, and then take it!
As Mechanical Engineer you are responsible for Design and Development of mining equipment, create optimized CAD models/ manufacturing drawings, BOM for sub-systems used in mining equipment and to ensure the quality of drawings produced by Design Engineers. This job involves providing engineering support to various Divisions within Sandvik Mining in Item Management, Current Product Engineering, New product Development Engineering and Order based Engineering activities.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Involved in design & development of mining equipment.
- Develop sub-system designs and make component selections.
- Process evolution and continuous improvement.
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design.
- Creation of BOM / ECN and release of drawings for production.
- Item data management for Sandvik Mining products
- Analysis of component data and Export/Import Trade classification (HS/ECCN) as per WCO process.
- Ensure Quality and Delivery of Mechanical Item data as per Global Standards.
- Ensure Quality and optimization of CAD Models for Mechanical/Hydraulic/Electrical Items
- Collaborate with product and engineering departments to understand their needs and propose possible solutions.
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers.
You have a university degree in Mechanical engineering / master’s in mechanical engineering (or equivalent) and between 3-5 years of experience into Mechanical Engineering Design and Development. You have the needed relevant experience as per the following
- Describes Mechanical systems in specific application areas.
- Performs analysis of Mechanical systems.
- Select Mechanical components considering performance, cost, and service.
- Should have good understanding of International standards (ISO)/ IEC / ANSI for welds, GD&T
- Selection and sizing of Mechanical components.
- Troubleshoots Mechanical systems and proposes solutions.
- Should have knowledge of ISO drafting standards for drawings.
- Should have basic knowledge of mechanical interfaces with systems.
- Exposure to, UG/NX Teamcenter integrated environment, Auto Cad tool is an added advantage.
- Good understanding on working principle for various Mechanical components like Bearings, Transmission, Axle, Engine, Cooler etc.
- Good ability to work within the team
You fit into a dynamic and fast-moving team within a business which has been around. You value the opportunity to work with both in-house R&D as well as with customers all around the world. You possess the ability to comprehend complex technical concepts quickly and focus on priorities. Experience in Heavy Mining equipment power group design space with exposure in heavy machinery industry is regarded as a merit. The ability to speak and write in English, as well as the willingness to travel, are prerequisites in this job.
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion. We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development.
Work Location: Bangalore