Position – Production Planning & Stock Control Engineer
Company – Sandvik Coromant
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Title: Engineer / Senior Engineer – Production Planning & Stock Control No. of Vacancies: 1
Job ID: R0056597
Full time /Part Time: Full time
Regular /Temporary: Regular
Reporting to: DGM – Production Planning & Stock Control, Solid Round Tools Pune
Directly Reporting Position: Nil
Key Stakeholders: Round tools production & service function staff, Business controller, Materials Management, Sales, Suppliers and subcontractors
At Sandvik Coromant, we’re driven by a passion for excellence in everything we do. Our belief is that sustainable success is a team effort and with our profound knowledge of metal cutting and insight into the varying challenges of different industries, we strive to develop innovative solutions in collaboration with our customers to meet both current and future demands.
We’re now looking for a highly motivated and passionate professional to join us in a Planning & Stock Control Function. The relevant details pertaining to the exact roles and responsibilities are as follows:
Perform and ensure manufacturing planning and stock control with adherence to manufacturer specifications in order to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
Key Performance Areas:
- Plans and prepares manufacturing production schedules and workflows to establish sequence and lead time of each production operation of HSS Taps, Carbide tools and Reconditioning.
- Analyze plant capacity/capability/feasibility and production requisition data to determine manufacturing processes and required resources; prepare production plans. Analyze bottlenecks & subcontract operations in consultation with Purchase, Production & Engineering as applicable.
- Coordinates and follow up workflow in manufacturing processes as well as with all stakeholders to manage the performance of the plant & to achieve targeted delivery precision, stock availability, lead time, delivery accuracy, stock levels & urgencies, etc.
- Analyze and monitor costs in relation to manufacturing to ensure delivery and budget fulfillment & report variances to reduce it.
- Ensure all resources like Drawing, Raw material & capacity availability & schedule orders in the system in line with respective delivery promisess or standard targeted lead time.
- Prepare Daily, Weekly, Monthly & quarterly reports through ERP.
- Prepare all parameters in ERP as well as ensure material availability for new product Launch and maintain all system parameters in EPLM for the same.
- Give quotations for special orders & calculate estimated lead time to ensure timely delivery.
- Prepare rolling forecast, coordinate PK calculations, prepare a budget for stock, material, manhours & headcount
- Receive and inspect material as per delivery challan and store at appropriate locations. Set system parameters for raw material stocking and prepare material requisition timely. Issue raw material to work orders and update system records. Periodic stock-taking and inventory management
Your Profile :
Education, Experience & Competence Required:
- BE / B.Tech in Mechanical / Industrial / Production Engineering with minimum experience of 2 to 3 years as Production Planning Engineer OR Diploma candidate with minimum experience of 4 to 5 years as Production Planning Engineer reporting to Planning Manager in leading cutting tool, automobile, or light engineering Industry.
- Hands-on experience in ERP such as SAP, Movex (M3), or similar production systems and functional knowledge in supply chain management.
- Must have good analytical skills in MIS and Reporting using MS Office, Power BI & related digital tools
- Able to communicate at different levels locally and globally with fluency in English and local language
- Effective Stakeholder Management with a problem-solving approach
- Must be an effective team player within local and global cross-functional teams
- High on learning, flexible & able to make continuous improvements.
Sandvik offers a competitive total compensation package including comprehensive benefits. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
You may upload your updated profile in Workday through your login against the JR No. : R0056597, no later than June 29, 2023.
Please send your application by registering on our site www.sandvik.com/career and uploading your CV against JR No. : R0056597 on or before June 29, 2023.