Position – Deputy Manager – Chassis
Company – Royal Enfield
Exp. – 3 to 7 year(s) of Experience
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Roles and Responsibilities
As an Deputy / Assistant Manager for Royal Enfield you will be part of the Global Technical
Organisation. You will work within the Chassis design team and with the wider cross functional team, to deliver new models on time, on budget and to meet performance requirements. You will be responsible for the specification, design, development of components, assemblies and systems that contribute to class leading motorcycles.
Collaborating with both in-house manufacturing teams and external suppliers you will own the design process, working flexibly with Industrial Design, Product Strategy and Sourcing teams, whilst ensuring conformity to regulatory requirements.
Desired Candidate Profile
Design systems and components for new and updated chassis projects, considering function, cost, manufacturing, assembly and quality, Including the management of key areas such as ABS development.
- Produce 3D CAD models using Creo to a high standard.
- Produce 2D engineering drawings to a high standard.
- Plan and oversee the delivery of many major chassis subassemblies or systems within the requirements of the companys New Product Introduction (NPI) system.
- Follow and maintain design, operational and quality procedures and provide input where required.
- Produce supporting documentation for designs, as required.
- Design components and systems to comply with regulatory requirements and Royal Enfields internal test procedures.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the application of regulatory requirements for motorcycle or automotive industries.
- Liaise with internal functional stakeholders to ensure alignment of expectations and needs.
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure design for manufacture feedback is incorporated.
- Manage time and workload effectively including that of any engineers reporting to you.
- Create and manage timing plans for your own areas of responsibility.
- Work with CAD Designers allocated to help with creating CAD models.
- Support testing department with the testing of components and motorcycles.
- Provide engineering guidance to other team members.
- Represent the design team in interdepartmental meetings in the absence of the manager or Team manager.
- May assist in the management and the delivery of a motorcycle project.
- Assist in drafting & updating RE design and development procedures.
Past experience in engineering design of components and subassemblies.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably Creo.
- Proficient in creating and releasing 2D technical drawings.
- Good understanding of geometric tolerances on 2D drawings.
- Good understanding of motorcycle chassis layout and construction.
- Practical experience of vehicle maintenance and preparation is advantageous.
- Good experience in designing to Regulatory requirements as applied to motorcycles.
- Some experience in analysis and optimisation of components and subassemblies prefered
About Royal Enfield:
The oldest motorcycle company in continuous production, Royal Enfield made its first motorcycle in 1901. A division of Eicher Motors Limited, it has been a pioneer of powerful four-stroke technology since 1955 in India. With its manufacturing base in Chennai, India, the company offers a variety of models catering to the needs of motorcycling enthusiasts.
Royal Enfield’s product line up includes the Bullet, Classic and Thunderbird models in both 350 and 500cc displacements. Royal Enfield operates through 11 company-operated stores and 250 dealers in all major cities and towns. Royal Enfield motorcycles are exported to over 40 countries across the world including the USA, Japan, UK, several European and Latin American countries, as well as the Middle East and South Asia.
Royal Enfield also organizes and supports many enthusiast activities, events and rides across the country, more prominently the Rider Mania an annual gathering of Royal Enfield riders from all over the country and the Himalayan Odyssey, the largest motorcycle ride over some of the toughest roads and highest mountain passes in the region of Himachal and Ladakh.
Website – www.royalenfield.com
Interested candidates can also apply by logging in https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/our-world/careers/