Position – Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Company – Danfoss
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
As a constantly growing company, Danfoss is looking for motivated employees who want to work with us on our success. We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our diverse team.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Understanding the full specifications of the RFQ / Enquiry coming in from Sales team and various customers. Making effective summary of the requirements, Key notes and key concerns in both technical and commercial aspects.
- Design of Heat Exchangers according to international engineering standards such as PED, ASME code and other codes.
- Preparing & Checking of GA Drawings, Detail Drawings of Pressure parts & Non pressure parts of Heat exchanger
- Check / prepare Bill of material as per drawings and calculations
- Preparation / checking of layout drawings.
- Knowledge of material specification based on application.
- Knowledge on drawing standards and preparing part & assembly drawings
- Setting new standards / formats / check lists for improving efficiency in routine work.
- Documentation & Record keeping
- Interaction with other discipline and CFT.
- Assist Production with drawing questions and generate As Built drawings
- Basic knowledge of Engineering calculations, GD&T, Tolerance stack-up, etc.
- Work closely with R & D Team, Denmark
Background & Skills
The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or advanced course work in areas relevant to product development is required.
- 5+ years of experience working with product design and development and/or engineering research.
- In depth knowledge of design standards and codes including ASME Section VIII, Div. 1, EN 13445, API 662 and other pressure vessel code
- Experience on Mechanical Design of heat exchangers
- 3D Modelling & 2D Drawings (Autodesk Inventor)
- Experience in manufacturing industry
- Ability to work effectively in a high quality, deadline committed environment.
- Great interpersonal skills and an enthusiastic team player.
- Global mindset and outstanding communication skills.
- Good time management and project management skills to organize and plan effectively in developing systems and processes.
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.
Danfoss is engineering technologies that enable the world of tomorrow to be better, smarter and more effective. In growing cities, we ensure the supply of fresh food and optimal comfort in homes and offices, while meeting the need for energy-efficient infrastructure, connected systems, and integration of renewable energy.
Our solutions are used, for example, for cooling, air conditioning, heating, controlling electric motors and mobile equipment. Our innovative engineering can be traced back to 1933, and today Danfoss is a global leader with 28,000 employees and sales in more than 100 countries. We are privately owned by the founder’s family.