Position – Process Engineer
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Process Engineer- Traction Design, Mechanical and Electrical. (IN-IT-02)
Purpose of the Job:
- Defines the manufacturing process and associated equipment for a new product, taking into account the industrial policy, existing standards and constraints of the project.
- Perform industrial documentation for the project.
- Estimate the manufacturing workload for the part corresponding to his domain.
- Direct reporting to Domain leader Traction Design.
- Reports functionally to the PIM (Product Industrialization Manager)
Network & Links:
- Internal: CFT functions, teams within Traction Design, Business units Sites in India/Europe.
- External: Suppliers, and Customer.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Gather Industrial requirements Engineering has to comply with, during product specification and design. Explain them to Engineering.
- Participate actively to the product design in co-engineering mode, using appropriate methodologies.
- Design the macro-process, based on standard SMP.
- Prepare introduction of new technologies if need be, with associated process validation plan.
- Identify needs of specific manufacturing equipment.
- Estimate Method Time and perform a preliminary line balancing.
- Identify critical process steps where to perform detailed Process FMEA and full FAR / FAI.
- During detailed design phase and before Serial Go:
- Complete industrial documentation: industrial data sheets, IMFU (Industrial Maturity Follow-Up)
- Perform P-FMEA.
- Participate to validation of prototypes if any.
- Develop specifications of industrial means for serial production.
- Define workstation layouts, taking into account ergonomic and EHS rules and optimizing movements.
- Perform a complete and detailed line balancing.
- Validate product design and industrialization through FAR and FAI.
- After serial Go:
- Industrialize retrofit after engineering changes: documentation, workstation definition / update.
- Support Production to achieve manufacturing QCD targets.
- Other activities:
- Bring his expertise to the industrial Costing Manager during tender phase
- Participates to R&D programs as industrial representative
- Perform industrial REX on manufacturing processes.
- 100% on-time delivery.
- Closure of open points or escalation: 10 days maximum.
- Respect of Design for Quality milestones.
Educational Qualification & Skills:
B. Tech/M. Tech Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Conscientious. Commits and delivers.
- Team Player. Spirit of “Team Trust Action”
- Decisive. Obtains and uses necessary information to make decisions. Refers decision to others when appropriate
- Logical and organized
- Good communication.
- Manufacturing or Manufacturing Engineering background with 5 to 10 years’ experience preferably in the railway industry.
- Technical experience of Process Engineering, writing manufacturing work instructions, line balancing, Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in working with an ERP (such as SAP) for Bill of Materials, Routings, Configuration follow-up
- Working knowledge in Quality, EHS standards and Ergonomics.
- Knowledge of CAD and PLM tools (CATIA, DELMIA…)
- Familiar with IS common tools.
- Process FMEA, QRQC.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.