Position – Manufacturing Engineer
Company – Rolls-Royce
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer cutting-edge technologies that deliver the cleanest, safest and most competitive solutions to our planet’s vital power needs. We embrace the power of data and technology and aim to be Digital First in everything we do.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialization, we also offer freedom to cross-specialize and develop skills across a number of different areas.
- Develop, implement, maintain and continuously improve manufacturing processes and/or methods of manufacture which are capable of meeting and continuing to meet requirements for quality, cost, delivery rate and lead time.
- Create, maintain and/or govern elements of the Technical Package (technical instructions, programmes, tooling, etc.) which clearly define the manufacturing process and control it effectively.
- Capture and analyse data to demonstrate the current and future capability of manufacturing processes.
- Work with interfacing teams (Research & Technology, Design, Plant Teams, etc), partners and suppliers to ensure technical aspects of manufacturing processes are understood and accounted for as required.
- Resolve technical problems.
- Identify opportunities for new or improved manufacturing processes to meet current or future requirements.
- Manage and maintain the integrity of business related data in support of manufacturing processes (e.g. Product Cost data, Operation Times) .
- Identify and share best practice; capture and utilize lessons learned.
- Plan and manage activities, communicating current status to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure manufacturing processes comply with all legal requirements (regulatory, HS&E, etc) & customer requirements.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with Master Degree (preferred); Certified in Green or black belt; preferably minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Manufacturing Engineering from Aerospace industry or equivalent.
- Supplier interface experience in manufacturing & measurement process development is desirable.
- Hands on experience in APQP/PPAP
- Exposure to Special process/ NADCAP requirements for special process is a added advantage
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits.
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role .