Position – Design Engineer I
Company – Regal Beloit
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Design engineer, I position to support Couplings business globally, for various Material Cost Out (MCO) projects mainly related to Simplification of products, and also to support New Product Development (NPD) & Productivity Improvement projects as assigned.
- Lead and contribute to various MCO projects mainly related to the Simplification of products. Understand the couplings ETO business and look for opportunities to simplify designs at assembly, component, and raw material levels.
- Develop reliable and cost-effective coupling solutions in accordance with sound engineering principles, design tools, department standards, procedures, practices considering manufacturability and ease of use in the field for installation and maintenance.
- Work with global teams such as engineering, operations, and commercial.
- Support various NPDs and productivity improvement projects.
- Investigate and solve technical problems arising in design/engineering, manufacturing, and quality.
- Follow Regal Beloit Ethics and Safety Programs.
- Perform other assignments per business need.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Mechanical or Production Engineering streams from a reputed college.
- 2 to 4 yrs. experience in cost reduction-simplification projects/in industrial product design in a reputed company. Experience in a global/multinational company an added advantage.
- Experience in designing rotating equipment like Couplings, Pumps, Turbines…will be preferred.
- Sound understanding of design engineering principles and practices
- Ability to review and interpret technical drawings and specifications including GD&T, material standards, etc.
- Ability to coordinate activities and influence others in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience in using industry standards such as AGMA, API, ANSI.
- Experience in CAD software (SolidWorks/Creo/Solid Edge/AutoCAD – Any of these).
- Competent in Microsoft computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Undertake work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Self-motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision
- Good project management skills a plus
Our product brands meet customer requirements in demanding applications used around the globe in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, commercial refrigeration, food processing, pharmaceutical, chemical processing, material handling, medical, oil and gas, construction, manufacturing, power generation, agriculture and mining.
We create a better tomorrow by energy-efficiently converting power into motion.
Regal Beloit Corporation (NYSE: RBC) is a leading manufacturer of electric motors, electrical motion controls, power generation, and power transmission products serving markets throughout the world. The company is comprised of four business segments: Commercial Systems, Industrial Systems, Climate Solutions, and Power Transmission Solutions. Regal is headquartered in Beloit, Wisconsin, and has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Careers at Regal Beloit Corporation
At Regal, our business purpose is to create a better tomorrow by energy-efficiently converting power into motion. As a leading producer of motors and related components, our essential products help keep systems running in mission-critical applications worldwide — indoor air quality products used in hospitals, homes, and senior living facilities; industrial products that support food and beverage, and pharmaceutical production; and conveying equipment and components that help warehouses function.