Position – QA Engineer (Optomisation)
Company – QuEST Global Engineering
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Read and understand the Engineering and Manufacturing drawings
- Understand all GD&T symbols, able to read and interpret reference Inspection supporting documents
- Need to understand Work Instructions, SOP’s, Technical instruction and other inspection planning documents.
- Should advise and define validated measurement strategies using Ist principle or other automated measurements such as CMM etc..
- Should have performed PFMEA and control plan for aero components
- Advise on First principle measuring Instruments & Gauge R&R
- Experience/knowledge in APQP, PPAP, LEAN & 5S management
- Good Knowledge on First Article Inspection Report preparation (FAIR) and Last Article Inspection (LAIR)
- Should carry out and have hands on experience in SPC analysis ( QC 7 tools)
- Analysis of report out from the CMM
- Preparation of Audit planning & implementation plan for supplier manufacturing Process improvements
- Preparation of Audit reports for manufacturing process improvements and inspection time optimization of products
- Work on providing ideas to LEAN the process by eliminating wastes ( Value stream mapping)
- Preparation of implementation plan and working on the ideas providing as per Audit reports
- Conducting cross function meeting with customer and their supplier on Audits plan / report / analysis & implementation.
- Derive conclusions and close actions of the Supplier assessment meeting with customer and supplier on improvements and Cost reduction.
- All these work should be self-engineered, mistake proof and a ready to use output. Should be proficient to use and implement auto check concepts, tollgate systems and be able to perform self-defect management – with problem solving ability.
Key Leadership Competencies and Soft Skills
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Customer Focus
- Organizational Agility
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to build and develop Customer & Supplier relationships
- Logical Thinking
- Team building and mentoring
- Effective Time management
- Assertive & Result oriented
- Open Minded with objective thinking
Key Technical/ Professional Competencies
- Good knowledge on various manufacturing processes
- Hands on experience in supplier audit in manufacturing process & inspection time optimization
- Well versed with Engineering & manufacturing drawings
- Expert in interpreting the GD&T (standards ASME Y 14.5,)
- Hand on experience in supplier Assessment, Audit, monitoring and control.
- Knowledge in Measurements system analysis ( MSA)
- Hands on experience in using all types of Measuring & Testing equipment , both contact – non-contact and Analog – Digital
- Able to perform Root cause analysis and implementation of problem solving techniques
- Awareness of aerospace engine products
- Awareness of aerospace quality requirements
- Exposure to Aero industry is preferred
- Awareness of aerospace/auto quality requirements (AS9100, OSHAS, various ISO )
Education Type – B.E/B.Tech/BS-Mechanical Engineering
Job Type – Full Time-Temporary
Experience Level – Mid Level
Total Years of Exp. – 6 – 9