Position – Technical Program Manager
Company – Philips
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Job Title – Technical Program Manager
Job Location – Bangalore /Pune
You are a part of:
A high-impact, global organization within Philips that works across all modalities – The Supplier Transfer Excellence Team (STET). STET has been established as an entrepreneurial organization that focuses on fast paced, high-quality portfolio transfers within the Philips global supply base to mitigate risk & maximize profitability. As a senior member within this team, the transfer leader is responsible for driving technical excellence within said projects to ensure first-time-right quality.
The Technical Program Manager is part of a global organization that delivers impact to multiple businesses within Philips. The role manages high impact, complex transfer projects that enables Philips to reduce risk, improve profitability, align with Philips’ strategic supply base, and optimize supply chain flexibility. The primary function within this role is to execute fast-paced, high-quality transfer projects, and drive technical ideation of productivity projects working with R&D, PE & CM counterparts.
- Leading the execution of large-scale projects that drive global sourcing strategies to deliver the strategic business initiatives. This includes supplier management, E2E product launch management, lifecycle management among other critical sustaining engineering activities.
- Responsible for creating E2E engineering release schedule to qualify products with new suppliers & release to production – this is the most critical aspect of the job responsibility & project management excellence is critical for success.
- Accountable for resolving all technical challenges during the transfer process, which includes resolving product specification challenges, consulting with subject matter experts to guide suppliers, reverse engineering, driving design review workshops, develop test fixtures, etc.
- Accountable for supplier quality performance in assigned projects to improve existing benchmarks and developing improvement plans to ensure Supply Chain target performance levels are achieved.
- Responsible to ensure product requirements are fully defined to enhance quality through transfer projects, this would involve reverse engineering as needed.
- Full responsibility to achieve critical KPIs for QUALITY and productivity targets that are tied to the annual business plans.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to ensure that all business needs are met & improved through sourcing/concept projects.
- Experience as a Design Transfer Leader is a must
- Experience with cost engineering and management.
- Experience in the design cycle of high tech electronic components, assemblies, and/or electro-mechanical systems
- Strong project management skills are a must with the ability to lead teams and influence cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills, across functions and organizational layers; proven ability to manage relationships at all org levels.
- Knowing and understanding a broad business perspective.
- Knowledge of Supply management strategies and tools.
- Demonstrated ability in working in a complex/global environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in the high-tech industry with a focus on working with suppliers for design changes & product launches
- PMP certification highly desired