Position – Lead Engineer (Electrical/Mechanical)
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
JOB PURPOSE: To direct and participate in the design and development of complex, major engineering product or process projects for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, and serviceability.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all of the following:
- Lead complex project or program for new product introduction.
- Understand customers’ needs and product application
- Manage project/program to the plan
- Own the product cost and develop strategies to achieve target costs.
- Develop product acceptance criteria including reliability and durability targets
- Communicate technical information and project status to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Keep up to date on new technologies or develop new technologies.
- Develop competitive benchmarking
- Support and direct other engineers during product development and testing.
Success factors –Effective Communication, demonstrating excellent analytical skills, and a mastery of engineering concepts. Major challenges facing incumbents are meeting design goals for cost, reliability, performance, timeliness, and managing multiple priorities.
This position provides a platform for growth and leadership skills development. The incumbent will have opportunities to lead a diverse cross-function team to develop world-class engineering solutions for our global products while gaining increased business management skills.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree with more than 9 years of mechanical/electrical experience is required.
- Thorough understanding of the new product introduction (NPI) process
- Must be a self-starter with strong analytical skills.
- Proven technical leadership
- Must be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Diesel / Gas Genset or similar automobile/machine products design, development, testing, and certifications.
- Understanding of International standards like ISO8528, UL2200, UL489
- (Mechanical) Design requirements for Noise, Ambient Capability, and Finite Element Analysis of structural components.
- (Electrical) Must have a thorough knowledge of the design and working of one or more of the following- AC Generators (Alternators), Voltage Regulators, Controllers, Circuit Breakers, Digital & Analog I/O modules, and communication protocols (CAN, ethernet, RS232).
- Six Sigma Blackbelt.