Position – STET – Mechanical Designer
Company – Philips
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
STET – Mechanical Designer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a part of the STET Mechanical Engineer is part of global organization that delivers impact to multiple businesses within Philips.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the mechanical design, development and sustaining of Ultrasound systems as well as the support of other solutions within North America based business/modalities. This position is based in Bothell, WA. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for leading the support of mechanical issues pertaining to existing Platforms after production launch as well as support ongoing supplier transfer projects.
You are responsible for
- Support existing medical systems in production including investigating root cause of product issues found in manufacturing and early life customer systems and implement product design solutions to improve manufacturability and prevent recurrence of defects.
- Support strategic supplier transfer projects using mechanical engineering skills to deliver on drawing reviews, FMEA, FAI reviews, etc.
- Manage and execute several lifecycle mechanical projects across multiple platforms by making decisions based on project needs, priorities and timelines.
- Support existing Ultrasound systems in production including root cause analysis of product issues found in manufacturing and early life customer systems, and implementing product design solutions to improve manufacturability and prevent recurrence of defects.
- Review, create and modify mechanical 3D designs, and 2D drawings in Solidworks and potentially other tools for legacy products.
- Drive continuous improvement projects related to design implementation, manufacturing process, product quality and reliability.
You are a part of
A high-impact, global organization within Philips that works across all modalities – The Supplier Transfer Excellence Team (STET). STET has been established as an entrepreneurial organization that focuses on fast-paced, high-quality portfolio transfers within the Philips global supply base to mitigate risk & maximize profitability. In addition, the organization is responsible for supporting ongoing sustaining engineering efforts within businesses.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BSME from an accredited university
- 3 years minimum of experience in an engineering environment
- 1-year minimum project management experience
- Project engineering certification preferred (e.g., PMP)
- Eager to learn and grow technical skills in an exceptional environment.
- Strong collaborative abilities, proactively seeks out expertise and advice and input from others and works with both internal and external stakeholders effectively.
- Methodical, effective troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Proficient in CAD, specific experience and proficiency in SolidWorks required.
- Technical writing/ documentation skills for regulated medical device design environment, including requirements definition
- Self-motivated, able to carry out assignments with limited instruction, and efficiently plans, manages, and delivers development work for complex projects
- Knowledge of good design practices and experienced with DFMEA.
- Exposure to Mechanical Engineering design with knowledge in part design for Plastics, Sheet Metal, and Die Casting. Analysis skills including capability in thermal, structural, and tolerance analyses.
- Capable of evaluating design margins, tolerances, and reliability factors including, wear, materials strength, chemical compatibility, and compounding environmental effects.
- Proficient in CAD (Solidworks) and Project Engineering software (MS Project, Visio)
- Capable of managing project work in alignment with internal processes
In return, we offer you
- A rewarding career in Philips with an attractive package.
- An extensive set of tools to drive your careers, such as a personal development budget, training, and coaching
- Attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount