Position – Mechanical Engineer Specialist
Company – NIVEA India Pvt. Ltd.
Location – Ahmedabad, Gujarat, IN
Beiersdorf is known for its leading international skin care brands, including NIVEA, Eucerin, Labello, 8×4 and Hansaplast/Elastoplast. To maintain our growth we offer broad responsibilities and challenging tasks, enabling our people to raise the bar in all fields of our business – every day right from the start.
In this role, you’ll work as an interface between R&D Packaging development and production centers to consistently deliver sustainable and optimal Fill & Pack Processes at PCs/3PMs within the BDF network. If you have an inclination and deep knowledge of fill and pack technologies and are excited to expand your knowledge on newer and more modern technologies, we invite your candidature for this position.
- Independently lead the ME workstream to support the regional IIM/transfer and localization projects/initiatives.
- Single point of contact for Fill & pack related topics for BDF PCs / SCPLs and project core teams from ME perspective
- Technical contact for 3rd party manufacturer with a focus on fill-pack operations.
- Highlight risks to the project teams and provide potential mitigation measures to ensure smooth and OTIF execution of projects.
- Lead/support specific workstreams for strategic initiatives / functional development areas of short to longer-term perspectives within the ME community.
- Close coordination with cross functions such as R&D pack dev, production centers, SCPL, Corporate technology development, etc.
- Close collaboration with Corporate Technology Development for analyzing and set up technical specification profiles for new filling and packing equipment investments according to global technology fit criteria.
- Support vertical ramp-up of new PCs and/or expansion projects at existing PCs.
- Support the evaluation of potential 3PMs in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Planning, development, and evaluation of necessary adaptions on equipment for new packaging on a manufacturing scale to meet the desired product characteristics and efficiencies
- Ramp up of regional packaging adaptions to production scale including preparation, conducting, and documentation of filling and packing line trials and 0-series.
- Documentation of process development projects and reports in the relevant systems in English
- Maintenance of regional products in the local markets; identification of potential enhancements for existing products; handling of inquiries from quality, production, etc.
- Identification of possible improvements of fill pack operations and technologies.
- Intensive evaluation of the potential suppliers of filling and packing equipment in the region in close collaboration with Corporate Technology Development
- Degree in Engineering, B.Tech / M.Tech (Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electronics)
- Good know-how and experience of “Fill and Pack” technologies in the cosmetics industry
- Good knowledge in filling-packing automation, primary and secondary packaging materials used in cosmetics.
- Good knowledge of GMP standards for cosmetic manufacturing
- Capable of handling sophisticated information technology systems individually.
- Experience in Stage gate projects would be an added advantage.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Willing to enhance own knowledge continuously.
- Global orientation and mindset; sensitivity to a multi-cultural environment
- Mobile, willing to travel.
- Proactive, open-minded, team-oriented, entrepreneurial.