Position – Sr Engineer-Perf/Sim/App (Open)
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
This is the third career level in engineering and represents a shift from learning and assisting to fully contributing in assignments that are broader, more complex, and challenging in nature.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, demonstrate, deploy, and support new or improved performance simulation tools for Caterpillar product development.
- Development of new features and capabilities in Caterpillar’s proprietary multibody dynamics engineering simulation software, TomSim.
- Maintaining simulation software testing environment and conducting software testing, improving software quality, performance and usability, developing and implementing software development best practice guidelines and user support.
- Assist team leaders in developing code and to initiate & lead projects for specific development activities.
- Train and assist users in the application of the multibody dynamics tool.
- MS with 2+ years experience (or BS with 4+ years experience) in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mechanics
- At least 2 years of strong C/C++ experience
- Previous technical internship, co-op, coursework, or research/relevant experience in Multibody Dynamics area
- 1+ year experience in developing numerical methods and scientific software including physics-based simulation
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mechanics, specializing in multi-body dynamics
- Experience in writing high performance computer codes and implementing data structures
- Strong technical, communications, customer focus and problem-solving skills demonstrated through past project work
- Strong working knowledge of current computer operating systems such as Windows and LINUX
- Previous experience in machine/system loads/performance simulation using TomSim and/or Dynasty, commercial multibody dynamics programs, and linear/nonlinear FEA with Nastran or Abaqus
- Working knowledge of Git, SVN or other version control systems
- BS or minor in Computer Science
- Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.