Position – Design Engineer – Cryogenic Systems
Company – Atkins
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to designing excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is a member of the SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
Our Nuclear division is a leading consultancy providing multi-disciplinary engineering support services to all project stages, from concept through to completion, to owners, operators, regulators, and suppliers to nuclear-licensed sites. We’re involved across the whole life cycle of the civil nuclear industry, building the next generation of civil nuclear power stations and the first large-scale prototype fusion reactor, meeting the challenge of keeping the current nuclear fleet operational and tackling complex decommissioning projects.
We are particularly interested in individuals with reasonable consultancy/contracting experience in cryogenic system design. Previous experience in a highly regulated industry is desirable. Experience in cryogenic system design is essential, resumes without this experience will not be considered.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Design and development of cryogenic process systems
- Preparation of conceptual and detailed design packages, including pioneering, design development, and concept evaluation.
- Design analysis (applying first principles, if required) and design review of process systems
- Equipment selection/sizing, process, and hydraulic calculations
- Production of process deliverables such as PFDs, P&IDs, process descriptions, equipment specifications, plant/item schedules, etc.
- Process optimization, pioneering, and design substantiation
- Process simulation and design using software
- Operational design support, failure investigations, and condition assessment
- Development of process control schemes, philosophies, and devising equipment operational logics
- Thermal and hydraulic design and analysis
- Equipment sizing, selection (including material selection), and procurement.
- Production of manufacturing packages, coordination with manufacturer/contractor, review of vendor drawings/documents.
- Production of deliverables such as design definition and substantiation documents, equipment datasheet and specifications, system performance test specifications.
- Liaising with all stakeholders and responsible for all technical issues related to their area of specialization; Coordination with other discipline specialists where areas interface or overlap exist.
- Witness pre-commissioning/commissioning activities by the contractor/vendor and produce/review all relevant documentation.
- Preparation of equipment specifications, plant schedules, technical risk assessments, and commissioning strategies, cost, and program estimations.
What will you contribute?
- Suitable degree in Chemical/Mechanical or relevant engineering.
- Experience ranging from 04 – 8 years.
- Experience in cryogenic system design is a must.
- Demonstrable knowledge of design projects and relevant knowledge of site operations of the process plant is desirable.
- Knowledge of material selection and material specifications for cryogenic fluids.
- Knowledge of the design of vacuum systems.
- Conversant with international design codes and standards.
- Knowledge of mechanical design, piping layout, pipe support design would be an added advantage.
- Experience in design and analysis software packages preferred.
- Strong delivery culture, ability to multi-task, delegate tasks, develop and deliver cost/time-effective solutions.
- Ability to carry out detailed design, analysis, and review others’ work.
- Experience in providing strong technical advice and guidance on process design to the client.
- Proven computer aptitude, and expertise in MS office; Proficiency in software tools like ASPEN HYSIS, HTRI is desirable.
- Understanding of other relevant engineering disciplines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, flexible attitude to the type of work, and the level of responsibility accepted.
- Experience supporting commissioning phases.
- Experience or exposure to project management principles desirable.
- Ability to understand and define client’s requirements, plan & schedule deliverables, timelines.
- Proven strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to write accurate, detailed, and concise technical reports (e.g. design substantiations, basis of analysis, safety case support references).
- Flexible to relocate to Bangalore; flexible in traveling to Atkins’ and client’s office locations around the world, if required.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies