Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – National Oilwell Varco
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
NOV Mixing Technologies, a leading supplier of mixers for critical applications in global energy, industrial, chemical and pharmaceutical markets, has an immediate need for a highly professional Mechanical Design Engineer at our Mumbai, India location.
This is an entry-level engineering position for an engineer who is looking to develop his or her engineering skills in an industrial environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing safe, cost-effective, & customer-focused industrial mixing equipment in a 2D and 3D environment with an emphasis on quality and on-time delivery. The candidate must have the capacity to work closely with sales, marketing, & field support professionals to analyze and design products that will meet or exceed customer expectations while satisfying budgetary restrictions. Additionally, the engineer will work closely with manufacturing engineering and production to ensure that designs are both producible and robust.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to:
- Utilize SolidWorksÂ® CAD software to create customer and production drawings.
- Develop BOMâ€™s for newly designed or redesigned products for the production floor.
- Willingness to work with production employees to trouble shoot design issues and instruct shop personnel on the assembly of new designs.
- Create and execute change orders for standard and custom components.
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, analyze, design, and develop customized, customer-centric products.
- Reduce cost of product and increased production throughput through design simplification and existing product redesign.
- Ensure design documentation is accurate and kept up to date while driving design standardization across all product lines.
- Function effectively and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
We are searching for a candidate who has a BSME with 0-3 years of design experience. The candidate should have at least a basic knowledge of GD&T (ANSI Y14.5), with the ability to read and interpret documents (drawings, specifications, procedure manuals, etc.). She or he should also have the ability to produce supportive hand calculations for designs, a sound technical aptitude, and basic familiarity with machining & assembly manufacturing processes. The ideal candidate will have at least some familiarity with the following software packages: TeamcenterÂ® PLM, SolidWorksÂ® CAD, SolidWorksÂ® PDM, MathCADÂ®, MS Office.