Position – Design Engineer-Mechanical
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is a Design Engineer-Mechanical Engineer role, you will be working in Business Area – Motion located in Bangalore Location. you will be responsible to create mechanical designs that require knowledge of IS/IEC standards applicable for motors & generators to effectively achieve objectives.
- Utilize 2D and 3D modeling to create special mechanical designs in engineered to order projects.
- Review mechanical bill of material accuracy and work with project engineers to achieve desired mechanical component ordering.
- Ensure all designs work to meet company, industry and customer’s technical standards/requirements (i.e. IS. IEC, NEMA, ANSI, IEEE, customer project specifications, etc.).
- Perform tolerance and mechanical stress analysis as necessary.
- Support mechanical designs for New Product Introductions.
- Address manufacturing concerns or questions related to mechanical designs and/or bill of materials.
- Provide feedback and solutions to project managers and project engineers to meet customer needs.
- Create and document standards for mechanical designs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputed institutions.
- Required 4+ years of relevant experience in mechanical design.
- Should have minimum 2 or more years of experience in customer application engineering, or Mechanical Design.
- Should have experience working in a manufacturing environment and specifically with Casting, steel or fabrication.
- Proficient with AutoCAD (recent version) or equivalent computer aided design platform. Computer Aided Design certification or degree preferred.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if it is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning