Position – Manufacturing Engineer 1-2
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Career Area: Manufacturing & Supply ChainJob Description:
Caterpillar’s Manufacturing Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve processes and systems used in product manufacturing.
Manufacturing Engineers provide analysis and recommendations for engineering product designs.The Incumbent assist technical services management by performing technical analysis of manufacturingProcesses, Systems, Materials & Heat treat, Casting, Machining, Fabrication, Non Metallics etc. to permit effective management decisions.
- Cost Modelling of Machining /Casting /Fabrication parts – Simple &Medium
- Perform preparatory work for cost modelling
- Develop detailed understanding of Drawings and 3D Models
- Follow First Time Right principles and procedures for the routine work
- Develop proficiency for Cost Modelling process for different commodities by learning from peers and reference material
- Get technical coaching and support from senior engineers in the team for Cost modelling execution and review.
- Adherence to Quality and velocity for the delivered projects
- Gain an understanding of Caterpillar’s business, products, systems, and procedures;
- Learn and develop skills which result from the practical application of basic engineering knowledge; and Present new ideas and approaches, creative / innovative ideas
- Provide assistance to a project team or others in the work group.
Manage business partners for transformational projects
- Process Planning
- Technical Project Management
- Manufacturing Process Improvements
- Manufacturing Process Comprehension
- APQP, PPAP and CQMS
- Technical Acumen
- New Capital Introduction Process – Strategic Manufacturing Planning
- New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Tool Design and Selection
- Safety Requirements and Ergonomic Design
Basic Skill Level
- Process Planning – Should be able to understand the manufacturing process plan with the help of available references for Cost Modelling process for different commodities.
- Technical Project Management -Should be able to discuss with the team members on the technical portion of work and understand the standards used by the team.
- Manufacturing Process Comprehension – Comprehensive knowledge and experience of manufacturing processes in at least one of the following specialties: Casting, Heat treat, Machining, Welding/fabrication
- Technical Acumen -Print reading includes geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, Six Sigma, CPS/Lean principles, data analysis, general computer and information systems (uses desktop software effectively, including word , spreadsheet, and presentation software).
- Functional Manufacturing Expertise – Knowledge in the tenets of lean manufacturing, and Enterprise Excellence processes, best practices, and tools.
- Team centre usage
- ProE Knowledge
- Costing knowledge like material rates, work centre rates, labour and overheads etc.
- Product Knowledge -Machines and Engines
- Knowledge on Costing Software usage
Role Based Competencies:
- Decision Quality
- Process Management
- Drive for Results
Value Based Competencies:
- Dealing with Uncertainty
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Building Inclusive Relationships
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Dip.Eng : 5-9
- BE: 3-5
- ME: n/a
- PHD: n/a
Must have a good mechanical aptitude with ability to develop product concepts.
Requires strong leadership ability and good communications skills.
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.