Position – Engineer, Product Design
Company – Molex
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Engineer Product Design
DIVISION OR CORPORATE FUNCTION:
Connected Enterprise Solutions (CES)
REVISION DATE: 2022/Jul/27
LOCATION: MIBS Bangalore, India
REPORTS TO: Supv, Engineering
Internal: Peers, groups, Cross Functional Team (CFT), Product Development Team (PDT), field sales, Product management, model shops, production facilities, SAP team, Global Engineering Team, Trade and Customs Team.
External: Vendor interaction at their manufacturing facility, video calls, etc.
Responsible for CES R&D dept. in following sections.
- Responsible for the design and development and modifications to CES (Connected Solutions Enterprise – Copper and Fiber solutions for data & Voice) products. Manages product modifications through the complete implementation process to develop designs that meet or exceed product performance specifications per internal Molex standards, industry standards or customer specifications to a planned schedule.
- New Product designing & introduction for the market to keep the product profile ahead by meticulously going through the full process and documentation with adequate testing and reporting. Position interfaces with Management, Operations, Product Management, Quality Assurance, sales and customers as required. Actively undertakes engineering team activities on all projects in development, 3D Modeling, 2D Drawings, engineering changes, technical documents, product testing, Specifications creation, packaging etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, Develop, Modify Products for CES, that meet or exceeds Customer Expectations. Design includes all aspects of product development such as: 3D Modeling, 2D Drawings, design layouts, engineering changes, technical documents, tolerance analysis, product testing, etc. Uses risk reduction tools to perform FEA, model simulation etc. for design analysis. Utilizes a working knowledge of material costs and manufacturing processes to determine the impact on various design attributes. Provides input to the DFMEA analysis of the product as required.
- Carry out Quality checks, support other Engineers, work towards continuous improvement and going Lean wherever possible.
- Work globally with teams to bring products to production (vendor, Internal operations, Product management, Supply Chain, Quality, across globe)
- Performs design verification activities to ensure that design meets the specifications of the customer, UL and any other requirements, and environmental testing.
- Provide technical support to customers, suppliers, and inside product marketing, operations, Quality personnel etc.
- Understand, support, and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Ensure Dept. compliance with all Molex policies & procedures
- Interact globally with different regions regularly to sort out operations, Quality and project related challenges and be flexible to extend the time to match other time zones.
Design, Development and Modifications for the products of CES.
- Tooling (GTTC, NTTF) / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering.
- Tooling (GTTC, NTTF) / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- 2-3+ years design experience of electromechanical products – components and assemblies
- 2-3+ years of design experience with Copper and Fiber LAN oriented products.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in solid modeling experience in NX to generate 3D models & 2-D drawings, BOM creation, packaging of the product.
- Knowledge on Product development process and Product, Engineering Change Management and Reverse Engineering.
- Knowledge on DFMEA, Tolerance Analysis, Design Verification Plan and Report making (DVP&R).
- Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results and make corrections
- Ability to transform the idea to representable concepts and convey to a larger audience to
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel (formulas, pivot table, Vlookup, etc.), Project, Access, and Power Point
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and in a team
- Travel will be required as necessary
- Proficient in Siemens NX 11 and ECTR
- Knowledge on the Part numbering system.
- Knowledge on SAP activities from referring point – Material Master, Basic view, BOM, Info record, Source list, Purchase request, etc.
- Knowledge on Reach, RoHS, CER’s, and any other Environmental Health & Safety activities.
- Knowledge on FEA, Prototyping processes, Tooling (Stamping and Molding), Out of box thinking, Problem solving techniques, etc.
- Knowledge on DFMEA, Tolerance Stack up & Analysis, Design Verification Plan & Report, Other Design tools.
- Knowledge on APQP and PPAP.
in this position. This description is not intended to be interpreted as a complete list of all duties, responsibilities or requirements for this position.