Position – Engineer
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure predictive execution for the product design & development of Aircraft – Fuel Systems.
- Systems modeling & analysis of Fuel Systems comprising of Fuel Distribution, Fuel Inerting & Fuel Gauging system
- Provide technical leadership to Fuel Systems by leading NTI, NPI, Systems Engineering, driving process improvements to contribute to accomplish the objectives of Aerospace Fuel Systems division.
- Develop & lead innovative product technologies in Fuel Systems.
- Provide critical inputs for strategy development, alignment, developing and deploying systems and processes aligned to strategy.
- Lead & execute projects & technologies of Aerospace Fuel Systems of Distribution, Inerting and Gauging by leveraging Systems Engineering principles.
- Lead predictable designs through six sigma methodology for product development. Utilize DFSS methodology such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development & existing product improvements Understanding customer requirements, performing requirements decomposition/flow-down. Identification of CTQs & performing CTQ flow down.
- Perform requirements Engineering, requirements elicitation, requirements validation & requirement compliance assessment
- Development of System Architecture, Architecture Trade studies, architecture compliance determination through system modeling & analysis using MATLAB Simulink, MathCAD, FlowMaster, Rapsody
- Development of analytical models for prediction of component & system performance
- Leverage engineering analytical tools and calculators proactively to de-risk the projects at early design phase and throughout the program lifecycle. Build prediction models for the performance parameters & optimize the critical to quality parameters by doing design trade-offs.
- Leading as a IPT tech lead for complex program and working in collaboration with different support function such as program management, COEs, SCM etc.
- Perform System Validation & Verification planning & pertinent artifacts, Support prototypes development and testing in order to verify design solutions and support product development activities till commercialization phase.
- Take ownership of Quality goals for the product development and manage triple constraints of the project.
- Person must be proficient with CATIA V5, should be able to review tolerance stack-up and engineering calculations as required supporting design integrity.
- Should have good understanding of DFM & A (Design for manufacturability & assembly). Shall leverage DFMA principals while working on engineering designs and drawings
- Ensure quality and on time delivery of engineering artifacts through ENOVIA. Perform quality checks to ensure design meets Eaton and customer standards / requirements.
- M. Lead critical reviews and provide technical mentoring on complex projects involving multiple components or systems
- Contribute to Aerospace Fuel Systems of Inerting & Distribution Technology roadmap by working closely with Global Chief engineers, Product line managers and experts.
- Drive and promote innovation rigor in the team to create technical differentiators and new value propositions. Provide growth opportunities and protect IP through patents and trade secret
- Develop subject matter experts in the team through technical training, guidance, and mentoring
- Build network and reach out to subject experts of other engineering units and drive innovation events
- Represent in external forums & professional bodies
- Maintain effective communications- both verbal & written with customers, team members and cross-functional team members. Provide regular update to leadership team on Technical status and project risks.
- Update knowledge base & identify opportunities to expand the Organizational capabilities through new technologies and methods.
- Be an active professional in continuous learning resulting in enhancement of organizational objectives
- Demonstrate high ambition, drive for results, enthusiasm and strong practical engineering experience to compliment his/her technical ability.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering with experience on Aerospace Fuel Systems.
- ASEP certified, preferred CSEP certified
- Minimum 3+ Years of relevant experience with Master’s Degree or 6+ tears with Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience in leading technology, product development and innovation in similar engineering organizations.
- Demonstrated experience with multinational engineering organization.
- Strong knowledge of Aerospace Fuel Systems – Inerting, Distribution & Gauging System.
- Proven ability to conceive System Architecture ideas and demonstrate feasibility through relevant engineering calculations/predictions.
- Demonstrated Experiences in Systems Modeling and analysis using Matlab, Matcad, and Flowmaster.
- Demonstrated experiences in Stateflow-based system modeling and analysis
- Demonstrated experiences in Requirements Engineering, Requirements elicitation, Requirements validation & Requirement compliance assessment.
- Demonstrated experiences in Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Demonstrated experiences in Systems Validation & Verification, Knowledge of experimental test procedures and creating Engineering test plan documents.
- Demonstrated experience in leading technology, product development and innovation in similar engineering organizations. Developing multi-generation technology and product development plans
- Demonstrated expertise in CAD & Analytical Tools (CATIA, Matlab/Simulink, MathCAD, CfX)
- Experiences with Continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience with the Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) methodology and tools necessary. Desired DFSS Green Belt
- Experiences in systematic problem-solving methods and tools.
- Strong understanding of Design for Manufacturability.
- Experience in PLM tools (ENOVIA)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience interfacing with global teams and working in matrix organizations.
- Developing positive customer relations
- Demonstrated tenacity and flexibility to reliably achieve goals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience of interfacing with global teams and working in a matrix organization.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-RT1
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only