Spread the love
Position – Engineer, CAD
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for the design support to DSS (DSS Business Units) products. Manages product modifications through the complete implementation process to develop designs that meet or exceed product performance specifications per internal Molex standards, industry standards or customer specifications to a planned schedule. Supports engineering team on all projects in development, 3D Modeling, 2D Drawings, engineering changes, technical documents, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support design, development, and modification of products within DSS BUs that meet or exceed customer expectations. The design includes all aspects of product development such as 3D Modeling, 2D Drawings, design layouts, engineering changes, technical documents, tolerance analysis, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Geometric dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and Tolerance analysis
- Provides technical support to customers, suppliers, and inside product marketing personnel.
- Work globally with teams to support production as and when required.
- Checks engineering, manufacturing, and sales drawings for completeness and accuracy.
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written, that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Understand, support, and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO), and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- SCOPE: Support design, develop & modifications of DSS products and manufacturing processes. Products are designed using 3D CAD solid models, 2D detailed engineering drawings, GD&T. Completes projects according to internal product development procedures and ISO/QS requirements as per planned schedule
- REQUIRED: Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical
- PREFERRED: Same as above
- REQUIRED: 2-3 years design experience of electromechanical products – components and assemblies
- PREFERRED: Strong in NX tool, good knowledge in designing plastic, sheet metal & machined components
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience in designing connectors.
- Proficient in solid modeling experience to generate 3D models & 2-D drawings in NX
- Possess good manufacturing and design knowledge in plastic, sheet metal & machined components
- Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results, and make corrections
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and in a team
- Travel will be required as necessary
- Proficient in Siemens NX 11 or above versions and PLM/PDM
- Design and manufacturing process knowledge of plastic, sheet metal & Assemblies.
Spread the love