Position – Purchase Engineer
Company – Metso Outotec
Location – Alwar, Rajasthan
Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards more responsible use of the world’s natural resources?
As a newly combined company, Metso Outotec creates a unique workplace. Combining the strengths of the two companies we offer a stronger platform for growth and innovation.
This is your opportunity to join a positive change.
Job Title: Engineer- Purchase
Business Area: Pump Business Line
Department: Purchase– Pump Plant, Metso Park
Location: Metso Park, Alwar, Rajasthan
Report to: Purchase Manger
This position is responsible for Supply Chain and Purchasing activities for Metso Park for Pump purchase & sourcing. He should understand drawings & must have knowledge of purchasing , expediting .SAP exposure will be an added advantage.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operational purchase activities & ensure timely material availability in the plant.
- Coordinate with Supplier for Delivery, Quality, and supplier up-gradation activities.
- Current product scope, and Products of future products identified for Metso Park.
- New products introduced to Metso Park.
- This supplier development will be done in conjunction with the Metso Park Sourcing, Product engineering, and Quality assurance functions.
- Exposure to ERP(SAP) and Microsoft Excel and able to make Purchase Order and Work Orders.
- Initiate cost savings, lead time reduction, follow-ups, expediting with vendors.
- Departmental KPI reports & good command of PowerPoint presentations.
- Ready to travel at least 15 days in a month.
- Ready to work in a challenging environment.
RELATIONSHIPS & AUTHORITY
- Report directly to Manger Purchase.
- Coordinate with the following departments- Production, Quality, COE, IQI, PPC, Finance.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering degree in Mechanical.
- 3-4 years for (B.E/B.Tech)/ 4-5 years for Diploma.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Computer literacy is essential – Ms Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint presentation.
- Experience in SAP R/3 Purchasing and / or other logistics modules will be a distinct advantage.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Good communication & writing skills.
- Driver and self-starter.
- Team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Work with organized and systematic working methods
This position is predominantly situated in an office environment and workshops.
Note: This position is based in Alwar, Rajasthan.
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, metals refining and recycling industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its illustrative combined sales for 2019 were about EUR 4.2 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com , twitter.com/metsooutotec