Position – SCM Specialist
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Installation Products provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install, and maintain – providing a sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
This is an SCM Specialist role, reporting to the Global Category Manager-Casting in Electrification Business located in Bangalore and will be responsible for all the activities encompassing supply chain/sourcing and cost reduction projects (as assigned) from the region supporting to global plants. You will be also responsible for project management, vendor identification and qualification, development activities including quality-related coordination, and all the activities shall be done as per the Divisions and ABB SCM functional guidelines.
- Implementing various sourcing initiatives & projects focused on Cost Reduction (CR) targets.
- Applying and implementing ABB SCM (Supply Chain Management) standards, tools, and processes in a multi-business organization.
- Directing supplier selection for various commodities and managing vendor development.
- Engaging closely with critical suppliers for discussion on performance, planning, pricing, and future development activities.
- Negotiating agreements with suppliers to manage inventory, quality, cost, and obtaining the best terms & conditions for ABB.
- Leading internal cross-functional efforts to identify and quickly implement cost-reduction activities.
- Coordinating efforts of inter-company global sourcing teams focused on reducing cost through utilizing purchasing leverage, standardization, technology changes, and overall market knowledge.
- Participating actively in commodity teams with various representatives to drive commodity strategies and meet performance objectives.
- Coordinating First Article Inspection (FAI), Production Run Inspections (PRI) for various materials against projects in partnership with a quality team.
- Conducting vendor evaluation/qualification audits and plan vendor development programs.
- Communicating with global SCM and commodity teams on various projects on aspects related to quality and SCM.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or an additional course in Supply Chain Management would be preferred.
- 5-10yrs experience in a reputed company in SCM.
- Low-Cost Country (LCC) sourcing experience would be an added advantage (South East Asia etc.)
- Commodity management in various engineering commodities/materials.
- Experience in supplier audits, supplier qualification, supplier performance monitoring, and driving for continual improvement.
- Good awareness & working knowledge of SCM processes/systems.
- Good manufacturing process knowledge of various commodities like castings, stamping, machined parts, plastics, plating, etc.
- Knowledge of the production part approval process and First Article Inspection.
- Exposure to quality systems and standards/processes.
- Knowledge of sustainability audits for suppliers.
- Demonstrated cost reduction track record with substantial savings coming from LCC sources.
- Excellent analytical capabilities to analyze commodity & business-relevant supply markets.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize commodity trends and develop strategies to mitigate inflation risks & strategies to optimize deflation.
- Ability to travel frequently within India.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.