Position – Manager – Engineering Center 1 1
Company – Metso Outotec
Location – Alwar, Rajasthan, IN
Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards more responsible use of the world’s natural resources?
As a newly combined company, Metso Outotec creates a unique workplace. Combining the strengths of the two companies we offer a stronger platform for growth and innovation.
This is your opportunity to join the positive change.
Job description – Drafting Engineer – Engineering Center
BL: Screening Solutions
Reports to: Manager – Engineering Center
Territory: Global supporting Australia, India, Finland, Germany, France, Brazil, Chile, US
The role of the Drafting Engineer is the key to provide CAD support to the Screening Business line. This role holds expert knowledge in the use of Inventor and is very familiar with PLM systems like Autodesk Vault or Siemens Teamcenter.
This role understands the link between CAD and ERP in-depth and has substantially worked with SAP before.
The Drafting Engineer is familiar with different drafting standards globally and able to work with a number of different stakeholders to provide quality drafting support that meets local expectations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support of Screening regional engineering teams through:
- Local engineer with the benefit of proximity to Alwar factory to communicate technical matters, raw material constraints, etc.
- Update of SAP master data to enable improved order execution
- Generation of 3D models (Inventor) to support sales activities globally (from existing 3D, from 2D outline drawings, or from scratch)
- Generation of 2D manufacturing drawings from 3D models provided by the regional engineering teams
- Support of other engineering initiatives as agreed between the regional engineering center and the relevant regional engineering team
- 3D modeling and 2D detailing for ancillary structures like dust housing, isolation frames, chutes, etc. – this includes being involved in the definition of a harmonized design approach to these structures
- Execution of engineering orders particular for Indian customers
Support of product engineering teams through:
- Generation of support materials for the regional standard (outline drawings, 3D models, datasheets, BOMs, etc.)
- Support with fleet-wide product updates (e.g. a range of component or equipment drawings, related BOMs, etc.
- Updating legacy data to the latest product standard
- Support of other engineering initiatives as agreed between the regional engineering center and the relevant product engineering team
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL INTERFACES
Regional engineering managers, engineers, and designers (currently Australia, Germany, Brazil), Product managers (currently France, Germany, Sweden)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Engineering degree Bachelor in mechanical engineering
- 1-2 years or more experience in an engineering role within a multi-functional design office environment.
- Ability to interpret and use standards from different countries/areas
- Experience with the use of CAD/PLM (Inventor, Vault, team center)
- Experience with ERP systems like SAP
- Language skills: Fluent verbal/written English required, other language skills are seen as a bonus
- Will to take ownership and carry responsibility, quality and OTD is a must
- Willingness to work globally even if this means odd hours to cover global time zones
- Engineering and drafting experience in the field of Vibrating equipment – highly desirable and advantageous
- Experience with structural plant design including chutes and supports
- Experience with design and manufacture of heavy equipment in industries like mining
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions, and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, metals refining, and recycling industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its illustrative combined sales for 2019 were about EUR 4.2 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com, twitter.com/metsooutotec