Position – Mechanical Design Engineer, BDH
Company – Metso Outotec
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Person will be part of the Services Engineering team in Beneficiation, Dewatering and Hydrometallurgy Business Line (BDH), in Services BA and will be responsible for providing engineering support for upgrade and modernization projects, sales projects and Service offering development, for all Filtration, Flotation, Hydrometallurgy and Thickener technologies.
The position requires experience and good understanding of the mechanical designing, drawings and engineering tools. He/She works together the project team and is responsible for engineering designs, including preparation of specifications, drawings and reviewing. In addition, excellent interpersonal skills are required in developing the co-operation with BDH Product and Delivery Groups, under Minerals BA.
Location preferably in Vadodara, India. You will report to Head of Services Engineering, Beneficiation, Dewatering & Hydrometallurgy BL.
More specifically you will be responsible for:
- Performing engineering and design activities (e.g. drafting + modelling) for service upgrade & modernization projects, in co-operation with engineering team.
- Executing engineering activities utilizing established processes, tools and guidelines.
- Executing project activities (engineering, package management and project engineering) and preparing deliverables to meet budget, schedule and quality targets.
- Participating in development of Services engineering tools and templates.
- Supporting Services sales cases and proposals with preliminary/basic engineering input.
- Providing engineering support to Services Product Group in developing new service products.
- Developing collaboration with BDH Product and Delivery Groups
To be successful in this challenging role you should have:
- Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant mechanical engineering field
- 2+ yrs of experience in relevant engineering/draughtsman discipline(s)
- Background of mining technology is considered as advantage
- In-depth knowledge of relevant engineering tools (SolidWorks, Inventor, AutoCad & EDM)
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and solve problems effectively
- Ability to successfully work with others in a matrix from a range of cultures within a diverse political, economic, technical and social environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Self-motivated approach and ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate in English (spoken and written)
For further details about the position, please contact [email protected]
To apply please submit your application (English) by 1st of September 2022. Please note that we will start interviews immediately after posting this job ad, with suitable candidates, thus, send your application today!