EATON is Hiring | Engineer |
Position – Engineer
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
This position will have the responsibility of the overall mechanical design of the product. This will include design of the necessary components and the structural and thermal analysis of the product. This position will work closely with the Program Manager, Marketing Manager, Optical Design Group, Electrical Engineering, Sourcing and Manufacturing personnel to develop the products in an organized and expedient fashion. The design engineer will be responsible for meeting the overall project schedule and budget. Presentation of each stage and completion of the project through the utilization of the Eaton NPI (DFSS) process is required
- Works in conjunction with remote engineering and internal resources to create the overall project timeline as well as define deliverables and drive team to completion.
- Coordinates with marketing to ensure project specifications are clear, complete, and achievable and are consistent with voice of the customer.
- Ensures design progression via CAD modeling reviews, thermal and mechanical analysis, drawing and model retention, testing plan creation, test review and coordinate with internal as well as third-party compliance.
- Ensures project tooling budget and product cost requirements are being met.
- Coordinates with Sourcing personnel to ensure vendors are identified, quotations are being obtained and quality standards/form deliverables are being met.
- Coordinates with manufacturing personnel to ensure production site has been identified, production equipment and other requirements are being put in place and production readiness is achieved both for internal and supplier plants
- Conducts design reviews as well as the Design and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA, PFMEA) sessions to Identifying project risks and develop response plan.
- In conjunction with other team members present the project status at PRO-Launch.
- Minimum of 3-6 years of product design experience for Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1-3 years product design experience for Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with and demonstrated proficiency with 3-D modeling software, Solidworks preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of product design experience with lighting fixtures
- Working knowledge of LED product design including understanding of electrical parameters and thermal behaviors, Basic understanding of electrical engineering principles
- Familiarity with all design, manufacturing and regulatory (UL, CE, IEC, FAA, ICAO etc.) aspects of LED lighting systems for general lighting
- Familiarity with Hazardous Location products will be additional.
- Experience with and proven knowledge of injection molded plastic, die cast, sheet metal design, manufacturing methods & processes
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed and demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated product execution from concept through commercialization on at least 1 projects of medium technical complexity involving concept generation, POC, verification, validation, and certification as per global standards. Experience must include hand on experience with design of products from concept to commercialization including and not limited to part detailing and designing, component and material selection, drawing creation, 3D modeling of parts/assemblies and 2D dimensioning and tolerance of parts.
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only