Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – Johnson Controls
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Details – Mechanical Engineer I
What you will do
The Mechanical Engineer Performs product engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related mechanical engineering tasks.
The Mechanical Engineer analyzes existing product designs and Develops product concepts and detailed designs, as directed; prototype generation and plans testing to international Standards; conducts design reviews; maintains records of design process in accordance with stage gate process, by performing the following duties directly or within team.
How you will do it
Includes the following; performs other duties as directed.
- Preparation of simple to medium 3D & 2D design layouts, detailed drawings, and specifications using CAD tool (Creo software).
- Learning Fire suppression products and applications and understands basic agency approval requirements, to ensure compliance is maintained in designs.
- Performs root cause analysis and corrective action on simplistic problems.
- Learn & implement new features in our products based on customer requirements
- Plans, develops, conducts and oversees experimental test programs.
- Familiar with a variety of the Engineering concepts, practices, and procedures
- Understands stage gate process, methods, and tools used within assigned area.
- Participates in process improvement efforts.
- Identifies engineering changes and nonconformities in existing drawings based on project requirements
- Participate in Innovation/New Technology, NPD & Value Engineering Workshops and Project Activities
- Develop positive relationships with all stakeholders and assist them, as appropriate, with issues or concerns to satisfactory resolution.
- Creative thinker, must be able to “think outside the box”.
- Performs all elements of the job in accordance with established procedures.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing.
- 2 to 4 years’ overall experience in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Fire suppression product design and development will be a plus
- Must have expertise in using Creo, Creo-Simulation and Microsoft Office applications.
- Prior experience working with a multi-national company.
- Knowledge of ASME and Fire Suppression Product compliance Codes and Standard.
- Understanding of Stage gate process and tools such as DFMEA, DVP&R, DOE, risk analysis.
- Proficiency of MSOffice, PTC Creo and Windchill.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.