Position – Manager – Purchase
Company – Metso Outotec
Location – Alwar or Gurgaon
Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards more responsible use of the world’s natural resources?
As a newly combined company, Metso Outotec creates a unique workplace. Combining the strengths of the two companies we offer a stronger platform for growth and innovation.
This is your opportunity to join a positive change.
Job Title: Manager – Procurement
Business Area: Consumables BA – Rubber & Polymet
Department: Procurement – Rubber Factory
Location: Alwar or Gurgaon
Report to: Strategic Procurement Manager
This position is responsible for Sourcing, Purchasing and Supplier Development activities not limited to Steel fabrication, machining, fixings, chemicals, Project related spend and Indirect procurement for rubber product manufacturing process. The position manages a team of 3.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Foster the development of direct reports, in line with individual development discussions.
- Provide support and advice to direct reports, as required.
- Lead the selection, qualification, and development of new suppliers of goods and services as required.
- Negotiate, develop, and implement supply agreements and contracts.
- Lead supplier negotiations to improve commercial terms, supply chain performance, and to control TCO (total cost of ownership) and mitigate risks.
- Responsible for maximizing overall supplier performance and developing a reliable supplier base to support current and future requirements of Metso Consumables within the region.
- Lead SRM (Supply Relationship Management) meetings with key supplies, encourage and capture supplier innovation.
- Sustainability supplier audit and/or technical audit in conjunction with the Quality team.
- Establish cost effective, sustainable and consistent supplier base to guarantee delivery for Metso Consumables in the region.
- Responsible for the ongoing development of the savings pipeline and achieving agreed procurement savings targets.
- Negotiate and implement sourcing arrangements that deliver cost savings.
- Close interaction with COE (Customer Order Engineering) and ME (Manufacturing engineering) along with suppliers to identify design savings opportunities.
Business Alignment and Support
- Align with internal departments to fully understand their requirements, to form strong stakeholder relationships, and to provide procurement support.
- Support Metso business line strategies, requirements, and proactively drive initiatives to meet sourcing/saving objectives.
- Active contributor to the development of Consumables (CNS) business in the region.
- Responsibility for the management of end to end supply process from demand recognition to fulfillment.
- Supplier Price lists and lead-times are up to date at all times.
- Ensure compliance according to Internal and External policies, laws, and regulations.
- Support the continuous improvement of sourcing processes and procedures, ensuring best procurement practices and procedures according to the Metso Code of Conduct.
- Ensure utilization of relevant business tools
- Use relevant tools as a front-end system
- Interface with sales and/or past purchase data to obtain material forecast to be used for supplier negotiation/sourcing where firm demand is not readily available.
- Stopping work activities and acting, if there is a belief that there may be an uncontrolled risk to you or other people.
- Accepting responsibilities, following procedures, and notifying the Supervisor if the job requirements are unclear to you.
- Only undertaking tasks for which you are competent and only using equipment that you have been trained to use.
- Using the Company’s safety tools to assist in controlling the hazards, which apply to each task you undertake.
- Speaking up to improve safety.
- Complying with the Company’s ‘Life-Saving Rules’.
- Emphasizing that production will never compromise safety.
- Recognizing and rewarding good individual and team safety performance. Dealing firmly and fairly with poor performance. Verifying work is conducted with approved, risk assessed work plans.
- Actively encouraging and supporting ideas to improve safety performance.
- Getting involved in incident investigation, to understand root causes, and promptly communicate learning.
- Ensure organizational/technical changes have risk assessments
- Regularly talk with people about safety performance and concerns and provide feedback
- Make yourself approachable for informal discussions about safety concerns.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Savings target
- Achieve defined savings targets
- Supplier performance
- As per agreed supplier KPI’s (for example OTD, Quality, Savings, and Commercial terms)
- Terms of payment
- As per the target set for the year
- Supplier price agreement
- Implement supplier price agreement for all key suppliers
- SRM (Supplier relationship management)
- SRM meetings with key suppliers with defined outcomes
RELATIONSHIPS & AUTHORITY
- Report directly to Strategic Procurement Manager and dotted line to Plant Head Rubber Plant.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- Minimum of 10 years of procurement and sourcing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Experience in RFQ’s, contract, and supplier management.
- Strong understanding of business functions including supply chain, sales, projects, contracts, engineering, finance, services, and legal.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership and team management skills.
- Strong customer focus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Understanding of source to pay cycle
- Enjoys working in a cross-functional and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, specifications
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- SAP and Online RFQ portal experience
- Team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Work with organized and systematic working methods
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions, and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, metals refining, and recycling industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its illustrative combined sales for 2019 were about EUR 4.2 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com, twitter.com/metsooutotec