Position – Sr. Product Design Engineer
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Private Limited
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- The job will involve mechanical development responsibilities for next-generation gasoline turbocharger peripheral components eg. Heat shields, oil & coolant lines, brackets, exhaust manifold gaskets to meet highly demanding component requirements.
- This includes understanding component requirements, preparing component specifications, working with designers for concept creations, active participation in DFMEAs, working closely with international suppliers, analysis teams, preparing Design Verification Plan & Report documents, planning part in a house with the supplier as per project requirements, interaction with purchase & quality teams, planning fitment trials, planning engine tests & engines for vehicle tests, post-test inspection & study of components, failure analysis as required, interaction with engine assembly plant & service teams. Onsite travel to Germany on regular basis on rotation as per requirements.
- Bachelor or Master in Mechanical / Automobile / Thermal / Design / I C Engines or equivalent.
- Experience in the Product Development Cycle of Engine peripheral systems & components.
- Knowledge of key mfg. processes for engine peripheral components.
- Knowledge of a turbocharger system for automotive applications.
- Knowledge of Design tools like DFMEA, DFM, DFS, DFA.
- International stakeholder management is an added advantage.
- German language proficiency is highly preferred.
Organization – Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Private Limited
Primary Location – India-Karnataka-Bangalore
Work Locations – Mercedes-Benz Research & Development India, Embassy Crest ‘Embassy Crest’ Plot No 5, EPIP Zone, Phase 1, 560 066