Position – Product Stewardship Specialist
Garrett Advancing Motion
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Enforce compliance with world-wide restricted substance requirements such as RoHS, REACH, Prop 65, Conflict Minerals, etc. and perform supplier audits to ensure requirements are complied with and followed.
- Manage sustainability data management from the plants and suppliers. Respond to customer surveys, and generate sustainability report. Prepare, review, and update environmental investigation report.
- Have an expert command of Microsoft Office (Power point, Excel) – ideally including PowerBI
- Provides timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinate actions, and help business in troubleshooting process/data issues.
- Analyze energy data and provide plants reports on project performance and Provide clear and concise reporting of all energy and sustainability activities, metrics (cost savings, CO2, water, etc), and communicate plans and progress.
- Partner internally and with suppliers to implement Garrett restricted substances policies, track the use of materials, identify substances that should be removed due to their hazardous properties, investigate safer alternatives, and drive execution of component phase out programs.
- Working with key stakeholders to improve raw material quality levels.
- Ability to Interpret customer needs and assesses requirements.
Skills & Competencies:
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel – with Power BI an advantage.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment a must with solid analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks effectively with customer focus and responsiveness
- Managing and analyzing large sets of data, producing insights and reports based on data.
- Working knowledge of lab procedures/R&D/plant experience and has some knowledge of materials processes.
- Knowledge of Energy, Waste, and Water operational control processes in the automotive sector.
Education & Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in any engineering preferably (Mechanical, Chemical, Environmental)
- 1-4 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of materials planning software (SAP, IMDS,etc..)
- Expert level in Microsoft Excel (macros, formulas, etc.) and strongly desirable expertise in PowerBI