Position – R&D Engineer II
Company – Medtronic
Location – Nanakramguda, Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
Careers that Change Lives
Be a part of the Medtronic Engineering and Innovation Center (MEIC) in Hyderabad by applying your skills to the growth, development and sustaining efforts of Medical Devices products within the center.
We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations
A Day in the Life
As a member of the MEIC you will collaborate with the broader Medical Devices engineering teams in the US. You will enable design & development of medical devices/products and the associated infrastructure & capability building elements in close conjunction with the Global teams.
Medtronic is a world leader in providing health care products that benefit individual’s well-being. Our organization contributes directly to this mission.
Our business is growing significantly as the market demands reliable medical devices which look and feel more like consumer devices. As a result, we need a Mechanical Engineer who will ensure we deliver the best on-time and with high quality for our product.
- Should be able to design plastic and metal components considering DFM, DFA, and Cost.
- Should be able to understand design problems and bring up an optimal workable solution
- The candidate must be able to communicate well with cross-functional team members, be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
- Should perform engineering calculations and analysis to improve/validate product designs on a needed basis
- Should Run Finite Element Analysis, Mechanism Design, and Analysis, Mold Flow, etc to validate product designs on a needed basis
- The R&D Engineer II is responsible for supporting the Product Development Team with the application of design engineering to new product design.
- Should perform making 2D drawings per ASME Standards with sound knowledge on GD&T
- Should create 3D CAD Models using Creo either from scratch or able to edit the complex models
- Should be able to use windchill PDM link to manage CAD Data flawlessly
- Show perform creating and releasing of Engineering Change Orders to ensure the changes are approved.
- Should perform 1D tolerance stacks and knowledge on 2D and 3D stacks are preferred.
- Should be able to work on prototyping, vendor relations, and Engineering Testings.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Must Have :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 4 to 7 years of design experience.
- Hands-on CAD systems such as Creo – Expert level (Drafting & Modelling) as well as data management systems such as Windchill, Creo Simulation, and Creo Mechanism.
- Proficient in Concept Development, Prototyping, and Benchmark Testing
- Good Verbal communication to interact with global partners.
- 1D Tolerance Stacks
Nice to Haves
- Medical Device Experience
- Master Degree
- GD&T Certification
- ANSYS or any equivalent Prediction Software
- Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies, and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future. Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic – both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together