Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – McDermott
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Basic mechanical design and analysis of assigned deliverables, including specific complex deliverables such as pressure vessels, heat transfer equipment, rotating equipment, and piping engineering. Work includes, among other things, conceptual studies, cost and planning studies, layouts, design calculations, specification development, and supervising vendor packages for equipment and mechanical systems. Maintains and promotes a focus on the end product whether engineering, fabrication, or construction. Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines. Ensures effective management of change. Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, quantity, and budget control.
At McDermott, we proudly work together to create and deliver innovative engineering and construction solutions for the energy industry. Our customers trust our technology-driven approach to design and build infrastructure solutions to responsibly transport and transform natural resources into the products the world needs today. Because we’re powered by the most innovative minds, we rise to every challenge to make what was once just an idea a reality.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Specifications and Datasheets
- Equipment material requisition
- Technical bid evaluations
- Equipment testing
- Conceptual studies and calculations
- Cost and planning studies
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Accredited engineering degree may be required by specific regions
- Minimum 1 year of detailed Mechanical engineering experience
- Technical knowledge of the detailed design engineering process
- Project coordination and execution skills
- Is familiar with codes and standards of ASME, API, and ANSI.
- Is current on new scientific engineering methods and possesses a technical knowledge of the detailed design engineering process.
- Is capable of appropriate use of computer applications and other specialized engineering tools.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- BSME degree
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully integrated provider of technology, engineering, and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions from the wellhead to the storage tank to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – We maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – We seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – We promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – We are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions