McDermott is hiring | Associate Piping Engineer |
Position – Associate Piping Engineer
Company – McDermott
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
The Associate Piping Engineer is responsible for performing routine assignments in an entry-level role to support the Piping discipline at McDermott. The role requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices, and procedures within the Piping discipline.
The Associate Piping Engineer is responsible for utilizing existing Piping procedures to solve routine or standard problems. They receive instruction, guidance, and direction from others within the team, and they will leverage their conceptual knowledge of theories, practices, and procedures related to Piping and Engineering.
- Gain an understanding of the project scope of work, specifications, schedule, and all inter-discipline requirements
- Develop basic knowledge of MDR’s business units and interactions including engineering, fabrication, and marine functions
- Become familiar with P&IDs, Line List, Equipment Layouts, Piping Specifications, and Design Basis
- Assist in preparing Piping Items List and required datasheets
- Assist in preparing Piping Material and Valve specification
- Assist in Calculations for Pipe Wall Thickness, Reinforcing Pad, Vacuum, Flange Bolt Torque, etc
- Assist in preparing Material Requisitions, Technical Queries, Technical Bid Evaluations, and Purchase Requisitions of Engineered Piping Equipment including Valves, SP Items, Piping Bulks, Spring supports, Access fittings, etc.
- Review and assist in checking that Vendor Documents and Drawings comply with Project requirements
- Keep the Piping Project Leadership apprised of all activities, progress, and concerns
- Develop an awareness of costs related to own work
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering field from an accredited University
- Registered as an Engineer in training (EIT) or member of a professional engineering society
- At least 3 years of Oil and Gas EPC experience or 5 years of Piping related progressive experience in the Oil and Gas EPC field
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully integrated provider of technology, engineering, and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions from the wellhead to the storage tank to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity -we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions