Position – Research Engineer – Mechanical Component / Systems
Company – GE Corporate
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
As a Research Engineer in the Mechanics and Design Organization, you will work with the engineering team in the design, analysis, testing, and validation of rotating machinery components for turbomachinery systems. Applications will be predominantly in propulsion systems for air transport.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Execute rotating machinery design projects in the aerospace propulsion sector
- Work in the design, analysis, and testing of rotating machinery components and systems including conceptual design, detailed design, testing, validation, and product implementation.
- Work with other support functions and/or external suppliers to meet project deliverables.
- Prepare and participate in project and technical reviews.
- Provide expertise to help resolve technical challenges across the organization.
- Collaborate in the development of internal and external project proposals and initiatives.
- Provide technical guidance and direction across the group to grow overall technical capability and product knowledge in technical focus areas.
- Provide technical development across the organization through effective coaching/mentoring.
- Foster a multidisciplinary and inclusive team environment.
- PhD (or Master’s with at least 3 years of industrial experience)in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Applied Mechanics, or Structural Dynamics
- Experience in component/ system design/ analysis projects in the power generation, propulsion, automotive or oil and gas sectors.
- Experience with the design, analysis and testing of machinery components (e.g., shafts, bearings, dampers, couplings, seals, gears, etc.) including conceptual design, detailed design, testing, validation, and product implementation.
Experience with product design constraints, manufacturing techniques and material processing selections for components/machines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Execution mindset and sense of urgency.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a global team environment.
•Proficiency in simulation software (e.g. ANSYS, SIMPACK)•Experience in system modeling-coupling of fluid, thermal, and structural analyses.
- Rotor support structural design experience
- Demonstrated problem solving in aviation gas turbine mechanical system design
- Demonstrated ability to innovate
Priority will be given to employees of GE Global Research due to headcount constraints.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes