Smiths Group is Hiring | Engineer |
Position – Engineer – Wet Seal Systems (Pune/Bangalore)
Company – Smiths Group
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Location: Asia Pacific, India, Pune
Division: John Crane
Job Function: Engineering
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering competitive Project specific techno-commercial bids and clean handover for execution in collaboration with stakeholders, that primarily include global Projects Applications & Sales, Engineering, Fluid control COEs, Global Engineering, operations etc
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpret and analyse project specifications not limited to Mechanical design, Instruments, site conditions, Pressure Vessels / Heat exchangers, Regulatory requirements, manufacturing specifications like Welding, PMI, painting, Inspection/Quality etc.
- Review, prepare and record extract of customer / project specifications.
- Application engineering (Product selection and Sizing).
- Maintain activity and utilization Log/Tracker.
- Driving standardization and cost database.
- Validating and maintaining records of Application inputs.
- Support and collaborate with cross functional team.
Techno-Commercial offer Preparation:
- Prepare and release P&ID, instrument hook-up diagram, control narrative and logical diagrams.
- Prepare and release Techno-Commercial proposal, technical clarifications, Comments & Exceptions to customer.
- Prepare and release Instrumentation and Components Datasheets for enquiry.
- Obtain, review, finalize and maintain records of techno-commercially aligned suppliers quotes for projects.
- Obtain, apply and maintain records of manufacturability, lead times and associated project specific plant costs.
- Prepare and deliver timely competitive Techno-commercial offers to win Global strategic projects.
- Participating & Managing Technical Review meeting with Customer/EPC/OEM
- Review purchase order vs. quote and prepare order handover.
- Handover techno-commercially aligned project scope and finalized supportive documents to the Engineering & Design, and other execution teams
- Participate in Project handover meetings to facilitate clear and clean order hand over to execution Teams.
- Providing Support on Techno-commercial clarifications to execution teams.
- General Should actively contribute to Continuous improvements.
- Support VAVE (Value Analysis and Value Engineering), NPD (New Product Development) & R&D initiatives.
- Support on GAD, BOM, P&ID and Datasheet preparation as per requirement.
- Support Post Order team to investigate specification during order execution.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Graduate in Mechanical / Electrical & Instrumentation from a reputed university with 4 years of relevant Industrial experience.
- Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical & Instrumentation) with 6 Years of relevant Industrial experience.
- Strong application and detailed engineering knowledge of mechanical seal support systems (API –Piping Plans) or similar fluid control systems products (like Lube oil Consoles or Oil Lubricating Systems or Pre-jacking systems, HP-LP systems or Filtration units etc,) for applications in Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power, Steel, Chemical industries.
- Hands-on experience in the selection of Pressure, Level & Temperature instruments and preparation of Instrument specifications is essential.
- Knowledge of Electrical Enclosures for Hazardous Area Classification and Mechanical Protection requirements is preferable.
- Knowledge in interpretation and compliance of project specifications from OEM, EPC, and End user will be added advantage.
- Work experience in Pumps and Compressors skids engineering at OEM is valued.
- Working knowledge with API 682, API 610, API 614, ASME / ANSI Piping and pressure vessels standards are preferable.
- Functional experience in basic CAD tools is required.
- Support safe workplace cultures and compliance with Smiths’ EH&S.
At Smiths, we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are an FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity, and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create a competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with curious minds, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge, and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems, and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. The fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.