Position – Buyer
Company – Maruti Suzuki India Ltd
Exp. – 4 to 7 years
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Job Title : Buyer
i) Educational Qualification
- Essential : BE/B-Tech , Mechanical
- Desirable: BE /B- Tech , Mechanical
Role: Procurement of Electrical/Electronic Components meeting QCD parameters and alternate sourcing with timely development of parts
- Procurement of parts for OE and Spares supplies. Capacity planning with suppliers for meeting increasing/fluctuating requirements based on the demand for OE and spares
- Costing, negotiations and development of alternate sources for parts. Monitor development timelines; co-ordinate with different stakeholders within the company.
- Meet cost reduction targets by VA-VE; Yield improvement, inner parts localization, Annual price negotiations and other such cost reduction ideas etc.
- MIS reporting activities, budget making, vendor capacity assessment etc.
- To support MSIL QA team in resolving quality issues, controlling defects at vendors end
- Rationalization of vendor layout on the basis of Business Over Time
- Ensuring Business continuity plan with existing vendor base by achieving comprehensive excellence at vendors
- Ability to understand technical and commercial requirements of various components. Should have good negotiating skills should be able to read drawings, understand various manufacturing processes/ Die Layouts etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate specific requirements with suppliers and monitor the overall development process at supplier end.
- Ability to analyze capacities
- Ability to evaluate alternatives with Cost-benefit analysis
- Strong execution orientation and problem solving approach
About Maruti Suzuki
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (Marut̪i suzuki) formerly known as Maruti Udyog Limited, is an automobile manufacturer in India. It is a subsidiary of Japanese automobile and motorcycle manufacturer Suzuki. As of November 2012, it had a market share of 37% of the Indian passenger car markets.