Position – Associate Mechanical Sys Design & Anlys Eng
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is based in Bangalore, India and is engaged in the development and support of advanced aerospace and aviation technologies, products, and services. Boeing Research & Technology-India is part of Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC, based in Bangalore) focused on innovation, and developing and transitioning new technologies in support of Boeing products and services. We work across the complete product lifecycle of Boeing’s commercial aircraft, military aircraft, rotorcraft, space vehicles, UAVs, and advanced vehicle prototypes. We provide innovative support for our current and future products and services, act as global scouts for innovative technologies, and solve our customers’ most difficult technology challenges
Boeing Research & Technology, India, which is located at Bangalore has a tear down, reverse engineering and should cost lab, which identifies opportunities to lower cost of airplane components and subsystems, simplify designs, or take advantage of newer technologies or manufacturing methods. The lab performs physical and virtual teardown of aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and parts, bottom up should costing of assemblies and reverse engineering of parts. Additionally the lab assists in aircraft part qualification testing through, teardown, inspection and reassembly.
The tear down, reverse engineering and should cost lab has an immediate opening in Bangalore for a Materials Engineer to work in small teams of 3 to 5 people to perform physical or virtually tear down of airplane parts into their respective pre-manufactured/pre-assembled set of components to enable a should cost analysis. This position is for a cost engineer with a background in materials and manufacturing. The selected individuals will use sophisticated tools to perform cost estimates on a common set of parts considering their physical characteristics, manufacturing methods, material makeup, etc. to generate business cases and opportunities for cost effective improvement to our products.
- Develop should cost models for supplier components or engineered parts.
- Document the assumed aerospace manufacturing processes/techniques for parts.
- Use the teardown and should cost information in order to introduce value engineering opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships/partnerships with team members.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Manufacturing/Materials/Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- 2-5 years’ work experience in value engineering, reverse engineering, DFA, DFM, design or manufacturing
- Working knowledge of how to use should cost and estimating tools and developing cost models.
- Knowledge of CATIA or an equivalent 3-D Computer Aided Design tool(s).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Working knowledge of how to use should cost and estimating tools and developing cost models. Knowledge of one or more Should costing software such as SEER, Cleansheet, Boothroyd and aPriori is a plus.
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing and machining processes for ferrous and non-ferrous alloys and/or plastics and composites.
- Self-starter who is not afraid to proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- Strong communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English, and familiar with MS Office tools.
- Self-motivated and able to work under guidance of senior engineers with a positive attitude and highest ethics
- Must be able to work collaboratively with very strong teaming skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
.Typical Education & Experience:
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 to 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master 1 to 3 years’ related work experience, etc.).
Relocation: This position offers relocation