Position – Engineer – Data Management
Company – Eaton
Location – Puducherry, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward Engineer -Data Management based in Pondicherry, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Create Product data scorecard & Dashboards for ES-EMEA.
- Support projects & On demand analysis.
- Provide Impact analysis of any changes in the system.
- Use data quality tools to analyze the data for quality or harmonization purposes
- Support UAT/CRP events for any new system implementation / SAP migration projects
- Support data maintenance for item phase out process
- Support on demand root cause analysis & Provide solution
- Run detailed master data reports and support the product data analytics specialist in generating the monthly score card (metrics)
- Migrate items to different ERP systems to enable sales synergy across systems
- Improve the data life cycle processes with the support of the central MDM team
- Send updates to local organizations with non-integrated stand-alone ERP systems
- Govern interface reports from master data interfaces
- Provide guidance / solution to division on master data related issues.
- Execute the PIM evaluation in PIM systems according to the instructions received from divisional product management
- Trigger action according to the result of the PIM evaluation, in particular for data maintenance according to the ETIM classification standard
- Supply Excel spreadsheets or similar support to enable the subject matter experts in the product lines to assign the items to ETIM classes and to select feature values inside the ETIM classes.
- Enable the transfer from paper catalogs to data-base driven technical data publication by data-basing paper catalog content
- Implement the structures in the PIM databases after validation by the subject matter experts
- Create feature compilations for new tree structure branches
- Maintain item attributes in existing and newly created structure branches
- In alignment with divisional data stewards, flag attributes with the aim to support automated publication processes (data sheets, online catalogs, paper catalogs, segment focus, etc.)
- Define – in alignment with subject matter experts – text creation rules on the basis of attributes populated before
- Support the divisions both in the data maintenance process for new products as well as in backlog resolution projects
- BE/B.Tech Electrical /Mechanical
- 2 – 3 years – Proven and solid experience working in the following ERP system : both SAP and Oracle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in Solid works and AutoCAD a strong plus
- Strong data analytic skillset
- Good interpersonal skills and planning ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Highly ethical and able to work in cross functional team
- MS Excel, SAP & Oracle
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only