Position – Deputy Manager – Procurement
Company – Lubrizol
Location – Dahej, Gujarat
Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
Position: Deputy Manager – Procurement
Location: Dahej, TempRite Compounding plant
Reports to: Head Procurement
Division: Lubrizol Advanced Materials
Responsible for managing daily procurement function ESS Activities (Equipment, Supplies and Services). Overall site indirect & CAPEX procurement – Effective plant uninterrupted operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To manage Project procurement activity.
- To manage the Site ESS Procurement function within SAP- working along the Corporate Sourcing guidelines and procedures.
- Obtain quotations- Preparing and maintaining of purchase orders-Releasing POs, follow up with suppliers for timely delivery of materials.
- Resolve supply, quality, service and invoice related issues with Vendors – Link between company and supplier.
- Explore Cost saving technique/Identify alternate vendors sourcing to mitigate risk & reduce cost.
- Contractor /Service provider sourcing: Emphasis on Safety Criteria/records/Due Diligence.
- Ensure legal terms and conditions adherence by vendors/contractors/service providers.
- Analyze, guide and present overall trends of purchase.
- Explore and implement new processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of procurement.
- Coordination and resolve problems with end user departments and suppliers.
- Communicate Timely status order to internal stakeholders.
- Strong Focus on to meet laid down Procurement KPI’s and Site KPI’s.
- Regular Periodical review of open orders/Requisitions – Plan action accordingly
- Logistics & Supply Chain Procurement activities.
- Represent Procurement Function during various site Audits / functional Compliance.
- Manage ongoing relationship with supplier, vendor, contractors to ensure satisfactory results.
Education / Certification:
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering.
- Added qualification will be an advantage.
Experience and Skills:
- 8 to 10 years of Procurement experience with multinational company.
- Exposure of End to End: Procure to Pay.
- Sound Technical Knowledge on Industry Spare parts.
- Problem solving approach
- Techno commercial expertise
Competencies for the Role:
- Honesty & Integrity
- Collaboration – Managing Multiple Internal & External Stakeholder
- Seek new approaches – Sound Negotiation Skills
- Delivers results – Handling Multiple Priorities / Tasks
- Communicates effectively
- Develop self – Ability to work in fast paced Environment
About Us : Lubrizol Advanced Materials India Private Limited (LZAM) is part of The Lubrizol Corporation a Berkshire Hathaway company, an innovative specialty chemical company that produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets.
LZAM South Asia is having diverse business segments and plants in India and is responsible for the business development of ingredients and additives for personal care products and pharmaceuticals; specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of specialty resins and additives. Lubrizol’s industry-leading technologies in additives, ingredients, and compounds enhance the quality, performance, and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact.