Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Job Description: Quality Engineer-II
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce environment. Applicants with relevant qualifications will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
This position will be responsible for field quality engineering, supplier quality/ development activities in Supplier Engineering (SE) function reporting to Regional Manager Sr.– Supplier Engineering. This position will work closely with;
- Global SE teams including Field Quality, Supplier Development, Materials & Process Engineering
- Supplier Transformation, Sourcing, Procurement and various Honeywell manufacturing sites
Key Tasks and Responsibilities.
- Responsible for Assigned project/ supplier performance w.r.t. quality activities
- Conduct Supplier training to improve the assigned supplier maturity level
- Perform all standard activities of Field Quality Engineer like First Article Inspection, Quality Issue investigations, Production & Rate readiness reviews, etc at the assigned suppliers
- Evaluation of new Suppliers as per Honeywell Aerospace standards
- Ensure compliance to Aerospace Procedures & quality requirements for all standard work performed
- Ensure/ drive implementation of APQP/ PCPX at assigned projects/ suppliers
- Drive assigned performance improvement initiatives using the DMAIC approach
- Establishes QIP and improvement plans with supplier leadership to drive supplier maturity
- Bachelor of Engineering specialized in Mechanical/ Production with 5+ yrs of experience of working in manufacturing industries like Automotive or Aerospace
- Hands-on experience of working on CASTING (expertise) ..
- Experience in managing casting supplier is an added advantage
- Expertise in GD&T, Six Sigma Tools, APQP, ISO / TS16949, AS9100 Quality system, and auditing skills
Six Sigma Green Belt certification Preferred
Knowledge and Experience:
- The candidate must have work experience Investment Casting manufacturing process (expertise). Technical capability to resolve casting related issues through RCCA
- Candidate should be, at a minimum, trained in Six Sigma techniques.
- Knowledge of special processes like heat treatment, chemical process & NDT is an added advantage
- Hand on experience in Systemic Root Cause Analysis using 8D, GD&T, IPC610/ 620, APQP/PPAP, Capacity Analysis, etc.
- Experience in Managing Aerospace and Automotive suppliers in India and Globally
- Hands-on experience of managing suppliers of mechanical commodity
- Very good interpersonal skills. Experience of working with global suppliers/ customers.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- JOB ID: HRD108516
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Devarabisanahalli Village, KR Varturhobli,, East Taluk – Phase I, Bangalore, KARNATAKA,560103, India