Lear Corporation is Hiring | Assistant Engineering Manager |
Position – Assistant Engineering Manager
Company – Lear Corporation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
- Understand RFQ and SOR requirements of customer.
- Design and development of Seat Plastics as per customer requirements
- Day to day interaction with customers to understand technical requirements, process and procedures
- Should have strong technical knowledge on Plastic Design and Development process.
- Should have strong engineering analytical skills, should able to perform basic engineering hand calculations and lead technical discussions.
- Should have in depth knowledge on plastic attachment features.
- Should able to understand CAE reports, propose countermeasures and work mitigate plans to meet performance requirements during reviews with customer.
- Should have in depth knowledge on GD&T, tolerance stack-ups, DFMEA, DFM and DFA.
- Should be familiar with problem solving tools like A3, A4, and 8D, 5W quality tools is an added advantage.
- Should able to lead engineering discussions during design reviews/product reviews at customer and suppliers
- Should able to support plant for build issues & extend engineering support for Quality issues resolution
- Responsible to meet project timelines for all engineering deliverables.
- Should have strong cross functional communication skills
- Should able to manage and closely work with design teams at remote locations
- Maintain good professional relations with customers and suppliers.
- Responsible for design feasibility reviews with suppliers and CFT teams.
- Should able to travel to customer sites, plants and supplier sites for engineering discussions.
- Awareness of Engineering change management process
- Handle multiple OEMs and/or multiple Projects
B.E. (Mechanical / Automobile)
PG Diploma/ Diploma from IGTR (Indo-German Tool Room), CIPET (Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology) or NTTF (Nettur Technical Training Foundation) is preferred.
About the Company
Making every drive better.™
With over 100 years of experience, Lear has earned a legacy of operational excellence while building its future on innovation. Our talented team is committed to creating products that ensure the comfort, well-being, convenience and safety of consumers. Working together, we are Making every drive better™.
We are committed to each other, our suppliers and our customers as well as protecting the environment and supporting the communities where we live and work.
From developing innovative intelligent vehicle experiences to streamlining operations, we are always moving forward.
Get Results the Right Way
By working as a team, understanding our customers’ needs, showing respect, empowering others, making sound and timely decisions, investing in our talent for the future and focusing on long-term goals instead of short-term gains, we get the results the right way.
Collaboration & Teamwork
We wrote (and shared) the playbook.
When the global coronavirus pandemic struck, we wrote the Safe Work Playbook, an 80-plus-page education, training, communication and auditing toolkit to help employees return to work safely. It was a result of around-the-clock work by hundreds of people from multiple cross-functional teams. To support the economic recovery, Lear openly shared the playbook for free. It has been downloaded by organizations around the world more than 35,000 times